One

Mark ran up the hall, turning into the homeroom, towards Donghyuck. A bright smile was shown on the boy's face as his footsteps rapidly hit the tile floor.
Mark tapped the shoulder of the younger boy. Donghyuck turned to Mark, removing his earphone from his left ear.
He didn't show it but, Donghyuck felt a small feeling of happiness amount to him seeing Mark smile.

"Yes?"

"Ae-young."

"What about her?"

"She said yes."

Donghyuck looked at Mark with slight confusion, hoping Mark didn't mean what he thought the boy meant.

"She said yes to what?"

"I told her how I felt and she accepted my feelings."

Donghyuck felt his heart drop. Mixed emotions clouded his thoughts; anger, jealously, sadness and just slightly happiness for Mark.

"Oh, well I'm happy for you. You finally mustered up the courage to tell her after two years."

Donghyuck patted Mark's shoulder.

"Thank you, Hyuck."

"Why didn't you tell me beforehand you were going to confess?"

"I messaged you about it."

"Oh."

Donghyuck rarely ever looked at his inbox, as it was always his parents scolding him over text.

Donghyuck scratched the back of his head,"I guess I just forgot."

Donghyuck grabbed the rest of the books out of his locker.

"We're going to your house, right?"

Mark's face looked away from Donghyuck,"The thing is Ae-young and I-"

Donghyuck, already feeling worse enough, cut Mark off. "No, it's fine. I'll try to figure out today's homework myself."

"Are you sure? I can tell her I have something else to do."

"It's fine. You have a girlfriend now, go spend time with her."

"We're not dating yet."

"I doubt that."

Mark ruffled Donghyuck's hair,"If you need help, you can call."

"Okay, okay. She's waiting for you isn't she?"

Donghyuck pushed Mark out the homeroom door, with a playful smile on his face.

Donghyuck waited till Mark walked away to begin walking the opposite direction.
He put the earphone, that rarely played music, back in his ear.

Donghyuck walked down the silent road. He kicked the pebbles down the path as he walked.
A few cars sped past, filling in the silence. Besides that the road was lonely.
His head felt dizzy as he continued walking. Donghyuck laid one hand on the fence of a house he was by. He grasped his shirt, panicking at his sudden trouble to breathe.
He faintly heard rushing footsteps behind him.

"Donghyuck?" Mark's hands were placed on Donghyuck's back as Mark sat him down.

Donghyuck rubbed his eyes before comprehending who was in front of him.

"Mark? What are you doing here?"

"This is the road to my house."

Donghyuck turned his head, observing the surroundings.
Hyuck was used to walking to Mark's house after school that'd he walked towards his house, unaware of where he was really going.