Fifteen

The next day at school was like any day for Donghyuck, with the exception that Renjun had left school slightly early. 

Mark and Donghyuck left school together, Mark later realizing he had left his mathematics book at the school. Both of the boys headed back together since they hadn't arrived at Mark's house yet. 

Donghyuck waited outside of the school while Mark went back inside.
He walked to his homeroom, and slid open the door.

Outside, Donghyuck was in a squatted position. He flicked the pebbles around his feet before suddenly freezing. For he then remembered what Ae-young's usual routine was.
Donghyuck then bolted inside the school, running up to the second story shouting,"Mark, I'll get your book for you." In a hope that Mark hadn't discovered what he assumed.
Donghyuck saw Mark standing in front of the open, homeroom door. 

His last bit of hope shattered as he heard Mark say the words,"So this is why you never answer my messages after school," to someone in the room. 

Donghyuck stopped in front of the door, he turned his head seeing the same sight he had seen about two months ago. Donghyuck looked at Mark, who had a expression of pure disbelief and what Donghyuck had assumed might have been disgust. 

Ae-young placed her hand on her hip,"If you're gonna look at me with such disbelief, how about you look at Donghyuck like that. I mean, he knew. But he didn't tell you anything, did he?" 

"I won't hesitate to take Mark away from you. Even if if means Mark leaving me, I'll always have a replacement."

Mark turned his head towards Donghyuck,"You knew about this?" 

Donghyuck was left unable to answer, he was choked up as his body began to faintly tremble. The silence coming from his best friend answered Mark's question. Ae-young leaned against the doorframe, watching in amusement. Mark pushed past Donghyuck as he headed for the opposite end of the hall, Donghyuck following him. Donghyuck placed his hand on Mark's shoulder, only for Mark to sharply push him away.

"Mark-"

"Do I look like I want to fucking talk to you right now? You lied to me about all this, doesn't that make you as worse as Ae-young?"

Donghyuck opened his mouth to say something but was cut off before he had the chance.

"Don't fucking say anything. I don't want you here."

Donghyuck dug his fingernails into his palm, trying to make out what was just said to him,"You don't care if I leave?"

"I could care less." Those four words which were a big mistake that Mark made out in a moment of anger.

Donghyuck pitifully smiled while looking down,"I'll leave then."

Donghyuck then left the school building, while walking he messaged Renjun. After sending the text he turned his phone off. In careless manner he looked up at the sky, tears flowed down his crystal eyes. He continued walking as he would reach his house soon.

Mark remained at the school as he felt no need to leave. Very few minutes passed before Renjun's unusually rapid footsteps filled the silence as he yelled Donghyuck's name. Renjun stopped before Mark, through his tired pants he asked,"Do you know where Donghyuck is?"

Mark threw his head back against the wall,"No, I don't know where he is."

"You haven't tried looking for him?"

"Why would I need to? I found out he was aware that Ae-young was cheating. Afterwards, he just left.

"Did you get a text from him?"