Nine

Donghyuck slide the strap of his bookbag over his shoulder, immediately after pacing over to Mark who was waiting for him.

The two exited the school as their normal routine.
Footsteps against the cement and Mark humming a song unknown to Donghyuck cleared the dead silence.
They continued to stroll in the shade till they reached Mark's house.

Mark opened the door for Donghyuck, he followed behind after.
Mark set his backpack down on the kitchen island.
"Hyuck, do you want anything to drink or eat?"

Donghyuck set his bookbag down, near Mark's,"Just water."

As the pair began to remove their books from inside their bags and set them down, Donghyuck looked through his bag with worry. He hurriedly shoved his hands in his uniform pockets, and shuffled the items in his bag around.
"I need to head back to school really quick. I think I left my earphones there."

Mark placed his pencil down,"The ones I bought you? You can borrow these new ones I bought. You don't need to go back."

"No, no. I'll just get them right now. I'll be back quickly."

~~~~

Donghyuck was at the double-door entrance of the school once again.
He walked in the dead silent, empty halls towards his class.
After searching around his desk and the floor, he'd finally found them.

He walked the opposite way around the school, passing classrooms he had not passed when he walked in.
Out of one classroom, a familiar voice came.
Donghyuck looked at the class number before realizing it was Mark's. The voice was Ae-young's, who Donghyuck instantly decided to ignore as he figured she wouldn't want to see him.
He began to walk away till he Donghyuck came to a sudden stop as a male voice overlapped with Ae-young's own.
Donghyuck slightly turned, he peeked through the gap between the door and the doorway.
Ae-young was with another man, who Donghyuck did not identify buy could only assume he went to this school because of the uniform.

The man had black hair the slightly hung over his eyelids, his build was tall and slim with slight muscle on his arms and most likely his legs. His jawline perfectly completmented his set and evenly spaced features.

At first, Donghyuck easily came to the conclusion that he was a friend of Ae-young's. It dawned on Donghyuck for a second that Ae-young was never seen with friends, he wasn't sure if she even had friends. He stayed for a little longer till it was obvious that Ae-young's "friend" was not a friend at all, they were much too intimate with eachother for Donghyuck not to notice.
As he watched Ae-young move her lips to man's pale cheek, Donghyuck stumbled over himself. Due to that, he made a plainly noticeable noise, which quickly caught Ae-young's attention.

Donghyuck quickly turned and walked away with his head down.
Ae-young told the man to, "Hold on for second."
Ae-young walked towards the door and walked out.
After seeing Donghyuck's figure, she instantly knew who it was.

"Donghyuck." Ae-young crossed her arms and waited for Donghyuck to reply.

Donghyuck continued to face away from Ae-young but still replied,"What do you want?"

"Look at me, dumbass."

Donghyuck turned around towards Ae-young. Tears of anger filled his eyes.

Ae-young walked towards Donghyuck,"You're crying?" She scoffed to herself,"Did calling you 'dumbass' really heart that much."

"How could you do this to Mark? He's done so much for you yet, you don't even care."

"Of course I care. I still love him."

"How can you say that so carelessly?"

"I didn't ask for an interrogation, nor do I care to hear your annoying voice. So," Ae-young put on a petty smile,"what are you going to do?"

"What do you mean 'what am I doing to do'? Do you expect me to keep quiet?"

Donghyuck turned to walk away from Ae-young but was stopped as she roughly grabbed his wrist and pulled up his sleeve, revealing his scarred wrists.
Ae-young smiled to herself as Donghyuck pulled away from her.

Donghyuck held his arm against his stomach,"What are you doing? Why would you-"

"So I was right. You are sick."

Donghyuck tried to speak, but was left unable to.

"You know Donghyuck, one of the most known traits of a Gemini is that they're 'two-faced'. They might act a certain way around one person, while they act the complete opposite around others. You're a Gemini, just like me. We're not so different, are we?"

Donghyuck swallowed the lump in his throat,"I'm different from you. I'm not someone who hurts the one they love."

"You are the one who takes secret pictures of them and keeps secrets though, correct? I mean, pictures of Mark sleeping? How much more sick and creepy can you get? Are you that desperate?"

Donghyuck froze for a second,"How did you-"

"Don't you remember, Donghyuck? I'm the one who found your phone for you. I didn't get a single 'thank you' though."

Donghyuck's facial expression darkened, he hung his head low and clenched his fists,"What do you want?"

Ae-young mockingly pretended not to hear Donghyuck's voice,"What? I couldn't hear that."

Donghyuck shot his head up,"I said what do you want? Knowing you, you're not spewing all this for nothing."

Ae-young intertwined her fingers,"It's simple; act as if you never saw me today. You don't tell Mark what you saw, at all. If I find out you told Mark, I won't hesitate to tell him how crazy and what a fucking pervert you are. So you really think he'd still want to hang out with you if he found out?"

Donghyuck looked at Ae-young. A slight hesitation in his voice as he shamefully answered,"Fine."

~~~~

Donghyuck played with the white wire of the pair of earbuds. Ae-young's soft voice seemed to haunt him as her simple words rang through his head.

Donghyuck walked through the entrance of Mark's house once again.
Mark glanced up at Donghyuck, yet Donghyuck could not being himself to look at Mark's clueless brown eyes.

"You took long. Did anything happen?"

Donghyuck squinted his eyes and wore a pitiful smile on his face,"No, nothing happened."

~~~