Three

Though Mark and Ae-young had only been dating for a small amount of time, specifically three weeks, Mark had already grown a strong emotional attachment to Ae-young. As for Ae-young, she seemed to be enjoying Mark's company, yet you couldn't pinpoint what her true feelings about Mark were.
Donghyuk, who was over aware of Mark, avoided the boy's relationship with Ae-young. He didn't want to seem like a burden and third-wheel to the couple.
Mark eventually noticed Donghyuck's constant absence.

Mark sat with Donghyuck at lunch. This had been the first time the two of them were alone since Mark's relationship started.
Donghyuck moved his food around with his chopsticks, showing no interest in the food that was on his silver tray.

"Donghyuck, aren't you going to eat?" Mark's voice had a slight tone of worry.

Now that he realized it; Mark had never seen Donghyuck eat in front of him and if he did, the portion was incredibly small.

"I had a small breakfast before arriving here. I'm not that hungry."

"Shouldn't you eat more? I mean, your body-" "How's Ae-young?"

Donghyuck quickly changed the subject. He didn't want Mark to question about his underweight body. He didn't want Mark to know of it all. Donghyuck just played it off as he was on a diet, or wasn't hungry.
Though Mark wasn't oblivious to Donghyuck's body weight, he was oblivious to the fact that the cause was Anorexia. He never questioned Donghyuck's word, just worried about it.

Mark picked at the scraps on his tray,"She's fine. It's only been three weeks so we're still not "there" yet."

Dongjyuck pushed his tray away and rested his chin on his palm.

"Hyuck."

Donghyuck hummed in reply.

"You know, you don't have to stay away when I'm with Ae-young, right?"

"I'll just third wheel. Plus, you said it yourself. It's only been three weeks and you're not "there" yet. Me third wheeling won't help you get where your relationship is supposed to be."

Donghyuck's conscious practicality begged him to tell Mark about Ae-young's negativity towards Donghyuck. Due to Mark being noticeably head-over-heels with Ae-young, he didn't.

The bell eventually rung, echoing through the hallow halls of the school, also sending each student to which every class they had to attend next.

The cold breeze blew through the slightly opened window of the homeroom. Donghyuck switched off his indoor shoes with his outside shoes and head out the door. He reached the doorway before Mark called out to him.
Donghyuck turned around at the sound of Mark's voice.

"We haven't walked home together in a bit."

"Yeah..."

"So can we today?"

Donghyuck line of sight averted up as Ae-young lingered behind Mark. She crossed her arms, while staring at Donghyuck. Her look told Donghyuck to reject Mark's offer.

Donghyuck looked back at Mark, his head slightly lowered,"I don't think-"

Donghyuck stopped his speech as Mark hung his arm over Donghyuck's shoulder.
Mark squeezed Donghyuck's cheek while smiling at his friend. Hyuck looked at Ae-young, who seemed even more annoyed than she previously had been.

"I guess we can walk home together."

"Mark," Ae-young's soft but also rough voice interrupted,"You said we'd study at my house today."

"Why can't we all just study together today, then?"

Ae-young dug her long nails into her palm, answering with a sigh.

Donghyuck's head hung low as the three walked down the quiet rode.
Ae-young was pushed against Mark's arm, too close for comfort for either party. Donghyuck kept his eyes on one side of the road. He suddenly felt a hand grab his wrist, and was pulled forward.
Donghyuck looked to see Mark pulling him towards the park he had noticed they were walking by.

"Mark-" Mark turned his head and smiled at Donghyuck.

Mark guided Donghyuck to the swings and had him sit down. Mark begin pushing Donghyuck on the swing while Ae-young watched from the sidewalk.
Donghyuck smiled and quietly laughed as Mark pushed him.
He felt a rush of slight happiness through him. For the first time in months Donghyuck was able to smile a smile that was not fake, or put on for someone else's comfort. He was just able to naturally feel happy with Mark. It's as if depression didn't exist for him anymore.

Ae-young walked over and sat on a wooden bench six meters away from the metal swings. She scrolled through her phone in disinterest.

Donghyuck and Mark ended up playing longer than expected. During the time at the park Donghyuck's sleeves rolled up, he quickly pulled them down, assuring himself Mark didn't see. Though Mark didn't see his skinny wrists, Ae-young did. A smirk grew on her face as she saw Donghyuck pull his sleeves down panicky.

Their fun eventually ended, leaving the two to part.
Saying bye, Donghyuck held out his hand to do a handshake only he and Mark knew. Surprising Donghyuck, Mark pulled Donghyuck into a hug.
Donghyuck looked over Mark's shoulder, seeing Ae-young with a face of no more than just annoyance, but slight jealously and anger.

Mark pulled away from Donghyuck and ruffled his hair with his fingers,"Thanks for today."

Mark smiled at Donghyuck, giving the boy no choice but to smile back.
The two turned backs on each other, waving goodbye.
Once a safe distance was brought between the three, Donghyuck's eyes couldn't help but water.
The emotion he felt was one that he couldn't exactly explain. It reminded him of how much he had missed and loved Mark, yet also reminded him that Mark wouldn't return his feelings; for reasons obvious to him.
Donghyuck rubbed his eyes with his sleeve, leaving his uniform slightly cold at the wrists.

Donghyuck walked through the front door of his house. It was quiet and clean as his parents were never home.
Even if they were; it's not as if they would make much of a difference to Donghyuck. His relationship with his parents was not unhealthy, nor was it exactly a healthy relationship either.

Donghyuck threw his bookbag on top of his bed. He showered, washed his hair, then proceeded to change into sweatpants and a hoodie that was too loose for his skinny body.

~~~~