Four

Mark hurriedly played with the buttons on his shirt. A almost instinctual feeling of worry and regret came over him. Mark looked at himself in the mirror. Not being able to pinpoint himself why this unusual feeling was there in the first place, he ignored it and walked to the kitchen. He grabbed a banana, and walked towards the front door which now had a knock.
He opened the door to a smiling Ae-young. He lowered her arm which had her phone in hand, and leaned towards Mark, softly pecking his cheek. Mark responded with a soft smile.
He grabbed his backpack, locked the door and began walking with Ae-young.

"Hyuck's supposed to meet with us."

Ae-young's smile turned into a disappointed frown,"Now?"

"Yeah. I don't like the thought of him walking to school alone."

Their footsteps slowed as they began conversing.

"Why are you so attached to him anyway? It's not like he's 'special' or anything. You can find better-"

"No, you can't."

Ae-young looked at Mark as his steps slowed down completely.
"Donghyuck can't be replaced to me. You could offer me all the money in the world for Hyuck if you wanted. My answer would be no."

Ae-young sarcastically shrugged,"If you want to say so. Why are you so attached to him through, or more so like he's attached to you."

"Maybe due to the fact we've never judged each other for what the other did."

"That's it?"

"To be honest, I don't even know why I care for Donghyuck so much. He's my best friend, wouldn't it be a given we're attached to each other?"

Ae-young silently scoffed, not wanting to hear any more of Mark's answer. She crossed her arms, leaning against the tree which was behind her.

Mark reached out and brushed the hair out of Ae-young's face.
"Are you jealous?"

Ae-young softly hit Mark's hand away,"When's he getting here? We're gonna be late if he doesn't hurry up."

Mark smiled and rubbed the top of Ae-young's hair. He kissed the top of her forehead. Ae-young looked away from Mark's eyes, feeling bashful.

"Get a room, for fucks sake." Donghyuck's voice intertwined.

"Aggressive today, are we?"

"I didn't say I'd walk to school with you today just to see you two make out."

Donghyuck walked past Mark, slightly, but also roughly, hitting his shoulder,"We're gonna be late."

Donghyuck allowed his thoughts to get lost as he continued walking,"Attached, huh?"

~~~~

The day continued as any other day would, yet Mark's constant worry never left his feelings. He asked Donghyuck if anything was bothering him, as the feeling was strong when Donghyuck was present, yet he only got a carefree 'no' as a answer. The feeling eventually faded away as the day progressed, due to that Mark concluded in himself it was just stress of some sort.

~~~~

Donghyuck walked out of the school building, not caring about his surroundings. He kicked a small pebble out of boredom as he walked. His head turned as he heard Ae-young's rough but soft sounding voice. He glanced towards the direction her voice protected from. She was conversing with a man. He looked as if he was maybe early twenties, dressed casual, he was average looking yet was on the handsome side.
Ae-young gave him a white envelope, which he seemed to take happily from her hands.
Donghyuck looked back down, what ever Ae-young was doing, whether it was right or wrong, it was obvious she would not want anyone interfering, especially Donghyuck for this matter.