Five

Donghyuck's eyes stayed wide open in the darkness of Mark's room. His hand rested under his head as he laid down, he let out a sigh, watching Mark sleep soundly.
The boy's lips were slightly parted, his sleeping figure laid as if he was set there. His hair covered his forehead down to attractively overlapping part of his closed eyes. His sleeping figure was of an angel in Donghyuck's eyes. How could such a person exist and be so perfect?
Moonlight illuminated through the space between the curtains, leaving a straight path of light on Mark's face, which Donghyuck did not miss a chance of witnessing to the point where he eventually pulled out his phone and took a picture or two of Mark. Just for his own self-satisfactory.
A constant game of patience was played until the sun began to rise. Though the night's for Donghyuck were usually slow nights of staring at a blank wall or ceiling, because Mark was there the night seemed to go faster than usual. It was unfair; why did everything Donghyuck enjoy have to end so soon.

The moonlight that enlightened the room turned into a faint sunlight as the time past.
Mark slowly opened his eyes. He glanced over at Donghyuck's laying body, he stretched his arms with a yawn leaving his mouth shortly after.
Donghyuck turned his body towards Mark, he barely opened his eyes trying to act as if he'd been sleeping the whole night.

"Good morning, Hyuck."

Donghyuck smiled and softly nodded in response.

"Did you sleep well?"

"I slept like I usually slept." Which was just Hyuck's way of saying 'Not at all'.

The morning slowly moved on as the two teenage boys sat across from each other at the table. Two simple bowls of Frosted Flakes sat before each of them, Mark ate while scrolling through his phone while Donghyuck moved his spoon in a circular motion in the milk.

Mark looked at Donghyuck then observed his bowl,"Not hungry again, of is it your 'diet' this time?"

Donghyuck just moved his head in acknowledgment but not specifying which answer.

"Hyuck, if you don't mind me asking," Mark gulped and Donghyuck looked up at the boy,"do you have some type of eating problem or disorder?"

Donghyuck stopped playing with the spoon. His heart seemed to beat faster due to nervousness. Mark couldn't have connected the dots, right? If he found out about Donghyuck's Anorexia, could he also know about his other mental problems?

Donghyuck smiled, only showing his top jaw,"I get it you don't see me eat often, but that doesn't mean I don't eat at all."

Mark intertwined his fingers with his own and rested his chin upon his clenched fist,"Is that really all there is to it?"

"Yes, Mark." Donghyuck answered while his palms grew sweaty.

Mark slouched his shoulders down,"And I can be sure of that?"

"Mark." Donghyuck slammed his hands down on the table, not hard enough to the point where it seemed as if he was infuriated, but to the point where it gave Mark a hint about Donghyuck's emotions.

Mark's line of slight became scattered for a quick second before he set his slight downward at the glass bowl,"If you say so."

Donghyuck felt relieved after Mark dropped the question for he feared if Mark did come to the conclusion of Hyuck's mental state; Mark would leave him.
It was obvious to anyone Mark would never do so, yet Donghyuck's mind kept that image to tell him to be cautious of that. It was torturous, but it saved Donghyuck from the current situation many times.

~~~~

The day continued with a slight awkwardness from the incident this morning. Donghyuck eventually told Mark to forget about that morning, as he'd learned from experience that the slightest dent in a friendship could make you lose the whole thing.

Both boys sat in silence in Mark's room, the only sounds were their fingers tapping their glass phone screens and their quiet breathing.

Donghyuck looked up at Mark who seemed very focused on what he was doing or browsing at,"Mark."

Mark glanced up, then looked back at his phone,"Yeah?"

"I get it you've told me that 'It'll be better if I'm there with you, but don't you ever want to spend time with Ae-young alone?"

"You're talking about going to Hongdae tonight, I'm guessing?"

"Not just tonight, but other times."

Mark sat his phone down and rest his chin on his palm, he gazed out the window,"I just think I don't want to be the type of friend to you that spends all the time with his girlfriend and neglects his other friends."

"Don't you seem to be doing that in reverse though?"

"What do you mean?"

"It just seems like you neglect Ae-young for me. I just don't think she likes it-"

Mark sighed and placed his folded arms over his eyes,"You know, just because me and her are dating, you don't have to bring her up every time we're together."

"Oh." Donghyuck's finger drew circles into the carpet as Mark talked to him.

"I'm just saying, when I'm spending time with you, I want to hear about you. Not Ae-young."

"What's there exactly for me to tell you? We've been friends for too long to not know everything about each other." Well, almost every thing.

"Are you sure you don't like anyone at school?"

"This again? It's still a 'no'."

"I-" Donghyuck turned his head away quickly, he looked back at Mark only to be hit with a pillow.

He fell back, with the corner of the pillow covering his sight.
Donghyuck pushed it away, Mark was on top of him, smiling.
Hyuck's face instantly heated up,"M-Mark." 

"Yes?"

Even if this contact meant nothing special to Mark, this intimate moment, was the opposite for Donghyuck. If only time could stop for a moment, would Donghyuck even felt happier. A few seconds past, where it was just Donghyuck gazing into Mark's crystal eyes.
Mark moved his hand to Donghyuck's waist and began softly tickling the boy, earning the sound that was Donghyuck's laugh.

Yes, I do like someone school.

~~~~