Twenty-Seven

A/N:
Okay guys, so just a warning! You're gonna have to keep up in this next chapter! It's gonna be confusing, and lots of flashbacks happen, but it's all for good reason! If you have any questions or are confused, let me know. :)

« Winter's POV »
- Two Days Later -

Blood.

So much blood.

I'm shaking. It's so cold.

My dress - the gold and white material - is soaked in the salty ocean water mixed with our blood. And it's cold. He's cold.

Kason is cold.

"K-Kassidy!" I eventually find my words. "Do something! D-Do something! Fix him! Don't let him die!" I stumble, screaming in fear as the image of the red liquid pouring from his body slowly brands my brain.

"I'm trying!" she shouts. "Backup is on the way, but I need your help, Winter. Now!"

I watch with wide, frightened eyes, unmoving. Her hands are trying to cover the enormous wound that continues to leak the stuff supplying his body. My own hands are covering the bullet wound to his neck. If I move them even the slightest bit, everything goes down.

"What...What do I do?" I whisper fearfully.

"Just don't move," she tells me frustratedly, unsure of what to tell me. "You did the right thing when you found him like this. Your instincts were right to do what you're doing. Now — urgh." She interrupts herself, leaning over in pain. She also has a major stab wound in the abdomen, and many gashes to her arms and legs and face from when we found her.

I face her worriedly. "C'mon, Kass. You can do this. I get that you're in pain, but my boyfriend is bleeding out. He's going to die, and he can't die! Please!"

She sighs the pain throughout her nose and clenches her jaw, nodding. She groans when she lets go of her gut, but continues applying pressure on the wound.

"Just hang on a little longer. My team's five minutes away," she says. "We can save him."

~ Twenty-Eight Hours Ago ~

"I don't know how!" I wail, causing him to snort. He disregards my honest protests of not knowing how to swim and keeps me hanging over his shoulder. I try pushing up on his shoulders, but it's useless.

"You're a terrible liar," he states.

"No! No! No! No, Kason! Please! I don't know how!" I beg, clinging to his shoulders now instead of trying to push away. I hang onto him for dear life and tuck my head into his neck, squeezing my eyes shut. I wait in fear for the cold ocean waves to drag me to the bottom towards my death, but it never happens.

I crack one eye open. He stopped, ankles the only thing swallowed by the water. Gently, he pries me off of him and sets me on my own two feet. The liquid surrounding us is cold, but I ignore it.

"Easy, Clumsy," He says softly, a small smile on his lips. There's an uneasiness in his eyes though...concern? "I won't throw you in."

I release a huge breath I didn't know I was holding and wrap my arms around my stomach insecurely (like I always do whenever I'm in a bikini). It's natural for me to cover myself. Usually I don't even notice I'm doing it.