Epilogue

That's Holden, Winter and Kason's son. ^

« Winter's POV »
Three Years Later

"Aaahhhh!!"

I let Holden latch onto my hand as Kason chases him on his hands and knees. My son grips tightly with a squeal of joy and hides behind my legs with his own short baby ones holding him up.

"No daddy," Holden commands, peeking out from behind me with his eyes.

He laughs/screams when Kason snatches him up and holds him on top of his stomach. Holden claps his chest twice with an adorable smile that causes his eyes to shimmer.

I grin at the sight before me as Kason tickles Holden's sides. His baby laughter fills the room as I shake my head, picking up another box yet to have been unpacked since we moved in. We're getting there.

Kason notices and stops playing with our son for a moment to give me a scolding glare. "You aren't supposed to be lifting anything heavy."

I roll my eyes and show him the label. "It's a box of clothes," I state. "I think I can handle it."

Last time I was pregnant, Kason was even more protective than presently. It was like bed rest all over again, only he had me following strict procedures/exercises/diets/emotional states in order for the best birth possible. Now that I'm containing twins in my gut, I'm not going to listen to him. I'm the one doing the pushing. Besides, I know my own limits.

Kason stands and holds Holden on his hip. Our kid looks at us in confusion, sticking his index finger in his mouth.

"I can help you," Kason offers. "You don't need to do the unpacking."

I scoff and carry the box into the master bedroom down the hall. Kason follows. "You haven't done anything since we moved in, in regards to unpacking. If you aren't gonna do it, someone has to. Might as well be me."

Kason sets Holden down on the bed in front of him as I start unloading the many graphic tees from the cardboard box. And as quickly as I see it happen, he's spun me around with his hands on my waist and a glint in his eye.

"You do have four extra hands to help you out," he murmurs, hands slowly moving down to the small bump I have. I sigh in content as he stares lovingly at my pregnant stomach. I'm only four months along, but he's already growing impatient.

We moved into a two story house two weeks ago just outside of Portland. It's quiet despite being near to the city, and the closest neighbor is a quarter mile away. We don't have much land, but there's enough for a fence for Bailey to run around in and to make space for a playground in the near future.

The house was run down when we bought it. It took a year to make it the way Kason and I wanted it. It's a beautiful blue with white sidings and occasional dots of yellow. It sounds contrasting, but it's really gorgeous. It has four bedrooms, which one of will become the nursery, and an office we turned into a bedroom for Emily. Holden's room is decorated with armadillos. He insisted it, and we thought we'd let him have the freedom of expression to show how much he loves armadillos.

 He insisted it, and we thought we'd let him have the freedom of expression to show how much he loves armadillos