Chapter 7

Vivian

    "Is a hug okay?" he asks me.

    "Y-yea," my voice hitches.

    He hugs me and ends up dragging me down onto the bed.

    "Should we put blankets on this thing?" I ask him.

    "Probably. I left the food and blankets in the car though."

    "Then let's go get them!" I shout enthusiastically and immediately start laughing.

    "Okay," he says, laughing along with me.

    We walk out of the motel room and get the food and blankets out of his car.

    "Jesus, Jay," I laugh, "That's a lot of blankets."

    "You get cold, so I brought a lot. And Rosey needs some," he says.

    "Right. Do you want me to bring her some?" I ask him.

    "Yea, sure," he says

    I grab a few of the blankets and walk over to her door.

    "Rosey?" I knock softly, the way I would after one of fathers fits, "I have blankets for you two."

    Jaycen comes to the door with a terrified expression.

    "Jaycen? Where's Rosey?" I ask him worriedly.

    "Follow me..." is all he says.

.   . .

    I walk into there small, almost identical bedroom and see Rosey just laying on the bed gripping her stomach and crying.

    "Rosey?" I rush over to her and squat down on the ground beside the bed, "Jaycen go get Rosey's meds out of her car and tell Jaycen to bring a bottle of water," I say as calmly as possible. When he doesn't move I yell, "NOW!"

    He rushes out and slams the door behind him.

    "Hey, it's going to be okay," I put my hand on her cheek and wipe away her tears, "Shh, it's okay."

    Jaycen walks in with Jayden at his heels.

    "Here," they say in unison.

    "Can you two stand outside for a sec?" I ask, "Please?"

    Instead of answering, they walk out into the first room.

    I open the medicine bottle and take out two small round white pills.

    "Here," I hand her the pills and the water bottle and watch her take it.

    "Now rest, Rosey," I tell her as I walk out of the bedroom, "Jaycen, don't try to pull anything. She needs to rest, okay? Don't cause her to lose any energy or I swear I will-" Jaycen cuts me off.

    "I won't do anything I swear," he looks scared. Good, he hurts my sister and hell will come, "can I hold her?"

"You can, but be careful. I will bring you hell if you hurt her at-"  Jayden stops me.

"Babe, calm down. Let's go. I'll bring you guys some food later," Jayden pulls me out into the fading sunlight, "goddamn your pale."

"Your point?" I say.

"You need sun."

"I don't want sun. I want you." I state.

"Cute." He says laughing.

"I try," I grin, "only for you."

"Like I said, cute," he says, placing a kiss on my forehead.

"I know," I try to kiss him on the cheek but at the last minute he turns his head and I hit his lips instead. Not that I'm complaining... "wow, Jayden."

He grins and kisses me again.

"Jay, stop. Please," He pulls away and frowns.

                    Jayden

"Okay," I pull away and frown, "let's go inside and eat."

"Sounds like a plan," she shifts awkwardly in my arms.

"You okay?" she nods, "are you sure?"

"Yea, I'm fine," she manages to get out of my hold and walk into the motel room.