Chapter 12

Jayden's POV

    He took us. The same way he took Jaycen and Rosey, he took us. He was going to kill me and my baby girl...

    "NO!" I scream spontaneously, scaring Little Jenny, who was asleep just a few seconds ago in my lap, "I'm sorry, Jenny. I didn't mean to scare you. Shhhh... go back to sleep, sweetheart."

    She looks up at me with sad eyes, probably wondering where her mother is.

    "I'm sorry, baby. Mommy's not gonna be around for a while," I say to her, trying to keep myself from falling apart in front of her.

    Before I was able to say anything else, the sound of heavy footsteps draw my attention, making me lose all thoughts.

    "Ohhh, Jayden. My little girl's 'knight in shining armor'," he says sourly, "hmm... I wonder what she's doing right now? Why don't we check on her?"

    He clicks a button and a TV in the corner turns on and shows the front of my house.

    "How the hell did you know where we live?" I spit at him.

    "Did you ever look to see if any of her personal items were chipped with a GPS Tracker?" he gives me an evil grin, "or perhaps, Vivian herself?"

    "Wha-" he cuts me off.

    "Her earrings. They're chipped. Her biological parents gave them to her when she was just a baby," he looks at me with his cold eyes, "my beautiful wife and I decided to chip them in case she ran."

    "You're a sick and twisted human being! You took her parents! Her sister! Her brother! You turned everyone against her! And for what? Your own pleasure? That's SICK!" I shout, seething.

    "No. YOU'RE sick! YOU took HER away from ME!" he screams in my face, "you took the two people that hadn't drifted off! You took my dau-"

    I cut him off, "do NOT finish that sentence! They are NOT your daughters!" I scream, my face now soaked in tears, "she loved you! But you betrayed her by hurting her! And even then she still loved you...! You hurt her! Now she's insecure and scared, thinking that everyone is going to hurt her! You scared her. She loved Rosey and they loved you. You fucking killed her sister. What kind of man does that make you? A murderer? You killed one of the girls you raised and you're about to kill the other's baby and lover," I say, barely able to breathe from the incoming panic attack, "you... need... to... stop..."

    At first, he looks stunned, but after a few seconds he says, "your right, but I don't care. They betrayed me, so now they're going to get their punishment; pain."

    "You sick... cruel man..." I say before I hear a sweet voice and a gunshot.

i know this is pretty short, buuuut chapter twelve is about to be up, unfortunately it's short like this one. hope you enjoy tho! thanks for reading! :)