Chapter 9

Team Kyle or Team Josh ? ;)

COMMENT !

VOTE !

FAN !

SHARE !

Pretty please with cherry on top :D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Flashback to 3 months ago*

Nikki's POV

'Nikki, you have two choices. Either you leave West High, and go to East High, which is a new school, or you stay in West High, even if you think the teachers there are sloppy. If you're moving to East High, I'm sorry sweetie, but we're gonna have to shut off your math classes. But if you decide to stay in West High, and tolerate those bitchy teachers of yours, you're more than welcome to join any class you want.' said the gentle but stern voice if my mother.

It was a Sunday morning and I was still in my jammies, holding onto the cup of coffee clasped in my hands for warmth. Even if it was only August, the winds were already starting to get cold. Summer, was over.

'Mum, this is a really tough one. I mean, I'll miss my friends a lot, I'll have to adjust to a brand new school but it's also like a fresh start.' I replied, testily, still trying to decide.

'Kiddo, you know that any one of them is fine by me. The choice is yours.' she said, patting my cheek and heading off to flip the pancakes on the stove.

'Mum,' I called out. 'I think I've made my decision' I said, concluding to myself that maybe a fresh start is what I really needed. A break. From not just Kyle, but from everyone.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kyle's POV

I couldn't believe it. I stared down at the text I had just received. It was from Nikki.

'Sorry I couldn't tell you anything, but I'm moving to East High. Last day at school tomo for me, won't you sign my shirt ? :P'.

My mind was racing ahead, about the possibilities about why would Nikki shift schools in the middle of the semester, and that too, at such short notice.

I shook my head, trying to clear out my thoughts. This couldn't be happening. It must be a prank. I had to find out for myself though, so I fished my cell phone out of my rucksack and dialed the number that was seared in my mind, even though I had deleted the contact more than three months ago.

'Nikki ? Please tell me that the text was a prank.' I said, my voice shaking.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Back to the present*

Nikki's POV

I stood and looked into Kyle's beautiful eyes. Since I'd forgotten to switch on the light, they looked a darker shade of green than they actually were.

I bit my lip, unsure of what to say.

'Oh Kyle-' I started, it was cut off by the ringing of my landline. I got up to answer it, shooting a look at Kyle, indicating that I would be right back.

'Hello ?' I asked.

'Is this the Brown residence ?' a feminine voice asked.

'Yes, it is. I'm the daughter of Melissa Brown' I continued, wondering why in the world would someone want to talk to my mom at this hour.

'Ah, alright. Miss Brown, I hate to break the news to you, but your mother was involved in a fatal car crash that took place about half an hour ago. Would you please come to St. Sylvester's hospital on 23rd street, Olsen lane ?' she asked, her voice softer than before.

I dropped the phone. Literally. This could not be happening. When I said that life couldn't get worse, it was a statement, not a challenge.

I hung up the phone and still trembling, I headed to my bedroom to change.

'What happened ?' asked Kyle, noticing the fact that I was trembling.

'I have to go. My mum, she she's in the hospital' I replied. My knees buckled and Kyle caught me.

'Do you want me to drive you ?' he asked, pushing back stray strands of hair that were in my face.

'No, I think I can take a taxi' I said, my body still trembling.

'I'm not gonna let you go out alone, in the cold, at three in the morning, in a state like this. Get changed, wear something warm. I'll drop you off' he replied, his voice filled with determination. He wasn't gonna take no for an answer.

I changed my clothes (in front of Kyle, cause honestly I was so distracted that I didn't even realize he was in the same room as me. And I could swear his eyes widened and he raised his eyebrows when I pulled my top off) and grabbed my cellphone, wallet and keys.

We drove in silence, till he finally asked me what was the name of the hospital. I told him, and he didn't say anything else for the rest of the journey. I think he felt really bad about what happened.

When we reached the hospital, the nice lady at the counter told us that my mum was in room number 224. I thanked her, and instead of waiting for the elevator, I took the stairs. I could hear Kyle's footsteps behind me, and I was grateful for his company.

I opened the door of the room, to see my mother in a bed, with a hospital robe and blanket on. Her eyes were closed. I quickly checked the heart rate, just to be sure. It was disheartening. Her pulse was weak, and her face paler than usual.

I couldn't hold it in any longer, so I simply broke down. Kyle came from behind and hugged me, and I turned so that I was facing him. I sobbed into his shirt, aware that I was making it wet, while he stroked my hair. It was such a simple but comforting gesture, something's that my father used to do to make me fall asleep.

No, I couldn't think about that right now. It would only hurt me more. I took in a breath, then another. I had to stay strong. That was what my mum would want me to do.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, what do you guys think ? :D

Thoughts on Kyle ?

I needed to make you guys like him, cause he's a really important character in the story. You'll see ;)

I started writing the sequel to this book (even though I didn't complete this one) and it will be out after I finish writing this one ^^

In case you wanna know, it's a triology :P

Oh yeah, and almost forgot (yes, I hate myself for forgetting this), 500+ views :O

I LOVE YOU GUYS <3

VOTE !

FAN !

COMMENT !

SHARE !