Chapter Seven: Sexual Tensions

I don't really like how I wrote this but hopefully it's okay for you. Thanks for the votes and the reads!! I really appreciate it :)

The colossal, glass imbedded building stood before, holding a great significance to the blooming of my experience

The colossal, glass imbedded building stood before, holding a great significance to the blooming of my experience. It was similar to a foreshadowing moment, conscious that it held an exceeding amount of importance. So I stood there, feeling the brisk weather burning my cheeks as men and women maneuvered through the man-made traffic, pushing to arrive to the large building.

I huffed, finally dragging my eyes down and clicking my heels against the cement floor, adjusting my heavy coat as I rolled into the stream of people. We all filed in through the glass doors, some muffingly an apology when I was shoved against the glass.

I pardoned them and continued in confusion, gazing all around me in hopes of finding someone for guidance. Most of the people disappeared to their offices or the elevators, omitting them from the crowd, yet being duplicated immediately after.

I chewed my bottom lip, squinting my eyes towards the signs before coming in contact with a receptionist desk. My lips pulled up slightly and I made way over there, apologizing to a couple people as we bumped into each other.

Sitting there was a younger, blonde lady, having an earpiece acquainted on his pierced ears while her fingers tapped vigorously against the Apple keyboard. She didn't notice me at first, keeping her gaze strictly on her large monitor. So I cleared my throat, watching as her eyes snapped up to me with slight irritation.

"I'm sorry," I gestured to her keyboard, "I-um-I'm here for Mr. James Vallette."

She perked her eyebrows up in question, eyeing me up and down with a cattiness in her expression. "Let me notify him, you're name?" Her voice drug on like a cat dragging it's claws against wood.

I minstered a brief nod and told her my name watching as she typed a number on a phone pad, before she transferred it to her earpiece. She paused for a moment before the light on the earpiece flickered to a green color, "Sir, I have an Amelia Hollis here...Ok...I'll send her up." She appeared slightly taken aback at the permission, before pursing her lips and telling me the direction and what floor to travel to.

I thanked her and walked towards the elevators, feeling my papered notebook in my grasp and I clung onto it, glancing between all the people that had a different destination. They all emerged with a beautiful outfit on, seemingly crisp and refined.

Suddenly as I was about to enter an elevator, a familiar voice called my name and peaked my interest. I halted in my steps and gazed behind me, seeing the smiling face of my father, shocked to see me. He walked up and enveloped me into a tight hug, asking what I was doing there.

"Vanessa Fausto wants us to do an article on James, so I was the guinea."

He hummed and nodded his head, about to create more of a conversation, but became distracted by the beeping phone in his pants. He held a finger up to me and glances at the caller ID, before becoming completely submerged in the call. He waves me off in a silent way of, 'we'll talk later.' So I obliged and sauntered to the elevators, clicking the button again and almost immediately getting a response from the metal machines.