Chapter Thirteen: Hickeys Hurt

The sun shined through my white curtains, seemingly cascading a bright light against my tiresome face

The sun shined through my white curtains, seemingly cascading a bright light against my tiresome face. It awoke me, bringing me out of the cuddled up tranquil sleep I inhabited for what seemed like years.

However, after a second of laying in the bed, the events of last night began to flood into my mind, causing my eyes to snap open. Immediately, they sprung to the other side of the bed, making a slight sadness spring into my emotions. It was empty, only having a slight indent from where he had slept.

I moved my hair away from my face and skimmed my eyes across my clock, subconsciously searching for my phone. My eyes darted back to the digital numbers, widening in panic as the time nine thirty-eight appeared.

I was suppose to be to the office at eight thirty.

Why had James not woke me up? Why did he leave undetected and with no goodbye at all? Did he regret everything once again?

I let out a befuddled huff and threw my plush, white comforter to the other side of the bed, standing up too quickly and feeling the soreness surge through my lady parts. As well, there was a sting on my neck as I lightly brushed my fingers against it, recalling the passionate night.

It was so much more preferable night, having such a vehement theme throughout the whole night, not to mention, James wasn't as monotones as usual. No-he was actually engaged and invigorated, gifting me so much attention, I think my meter was completely full. Well, until this morning when he didn't wake up next to me.

I frowned as I sauntered to the bathroom, flicking on the fluorescent lights. My eyes immediately caught the note-which evidently was made up of a paper from my notepad on my desk, and the red pen I consistently use-tapped against the mirror with a cursive handwriting I had become accustomed to.

'You looked too sexy to wake up -J'

I smile to myself and peeled it from the mirror, setting it on the counter space. When I peered back up, I was phased with two deep purple marks, staining the once unblemished skin.

I released a gasp, instantly leaning forward and pressing my fingers against them. But once I was hit with the sting, I hissed and pulled it away, cursing under my breath.

He really left me with bright ass hickeys on my neck?

How the fuck was I going to get rid of them? I couldn't possibly show up to James's work-which happens to also be my dad's work-with two deep marks on my neck. I mean, I couldn't even show my face in public without being mindlessly judged.

I hurried out of my bathroom and through my room, opening the door to the large living area. Silently, I was hoping Aviary had gotten home because this shit wasn't going to be easy to deal with alone.

"Aviary!" I panicked, running towards her bedroom door like a madwoman.

Just when I was about to yank it open, she groggily answered, having large, dark bags hinted under her blue eyes. She barely gave me a gaze, closing her eyes in exhaustion, before bringing her knuckles up to rub the sleep away.