Chapter Twenty-Eight: The End

Thank you so much for all the support this story has gotten, I cannot thank you guys enough. I wrote this thinking nobody would give it the light of day.

I appreciate you all, even those who didn't enjoy it haha. It's still so surreal.

Much love ♥️ xxx

My newly purchased, rosy heels cracked against the modern tile, leaving a trail of echoes behind me as I drew closer to the receptionist desk

My newly purchased, rosy heels cracked against the modern tile, leaving a trail of echoes behind me as I drew closer to the receptionist desk. Adriana had been seated, having her delicate hands folded together as she noticed my presence, instantly snapping a smile onto her face. It was a common gesture people did when they saw the bosses wife.

"Good morning, Mrs. Vallette," She greeted, glancing down to my coat. I consciously tugged it tighter, twitching my lips slightly to hold the amused smirk. "He's in a meeting right now, but he should be finished in a couple minutes."

"Perfect," I nodded, continuing past the desk and beside all the residing offices. I traveled up to his notorious space, gripping the door handle and instantly smelling the yummy cologne I had just purchased him.

My eyes peered around, particularly lingering on the view of the city. I softly shut the door behind me and traveled to his newly purchased desk.

My eyebrow perked up and I tested it, pressing some of my body weight against it to see if it would fail me. When it didn't, and I deemed it okay, I hopped onto it, swinging my bare legs to ease the impatience fueling in my veins.

Not long after, James and Ben both barged into the office, oblivious to my presence. James was gazing back towards Ben, who planted his eyes on me, relinquishing a big beam onto his pink lips.

James instantly snapped his icy blues towards me, coming across the long, draping coat with a smirk on his face. He dangerously flickered his eyes to his brother who glowed like a child with a new dog.

"Ben, could you leave me alone with my wife for a minute," His voice was firm and he didn't take his eyes off of me, making my area wetting more than it already was.

I pulled a nervous smile on, glancing towards Ben who perked his eyebrow up. He took a brief glance between the two of us, detecting the tension with this confusion between his eyes. However, being the kind of guy he was, he exited, closing the door softly behind him.

James unapologetically locked it, slipping off his suit jacket and placing it on his coat hook. He rolled his cuffs up slightly, gazing towards them before coming upon my sitting position.

He established himself between me, running his thumb pads across my thigh, "You think that running around with nothing on is appropriate, baby girl?"

"Who said I'm not wearing anything under this?" I purred, gazing into his intimidating eyes.

He perked his eyebrow up, genuinely intrigued. I flared a cheeky grin, feeling the amusement beginning to seethe through my pores. He curiously gripped the coat tight, slipping it loose, and pulling the jacket open.