Chapter Twenty-Two: A Sweet Dinner

I think I'm having a writer's block lol. But I really wanted to write this chapter, so I'm sorry if it's not as good as the rest. Much love x

I stared blankly towards my window, crinkling the thin paper in my hand as the rain seemed to diminish

I stared blankly towards my window, crinkling the thin paper in my hand as the rain seemed to diminish. The sweet smells of my vanilla candle emitted throughout my bedroom while the procrastination was twirling around with it. My eyes drew down to the red ink, rereading the ludacris note over again.

You looked too sexy to wake up -J

It was presumed to be out of infatuation when I had first read it on my mirror that morning, but as I read it again it was so much different. The interpretation was moreover inferring to lust and the exterior, rather than the adoration and the personality I had previously hoped for.

I sucked in a breath and gazed towards my cell phone, watching a pointless notification light up the screen and notify me that the time was almost five. Slowly, the phone darkened and my fist crumpled up the note, feeling the hurt and anger begin to fuel through my blood.

It must have been the realization that completely put me over the edge, because I snatched my phone off the desk and pressed it to my ear, hearing the slight hums of a ring.

After a moment, Westin's deep voice bidded a "Hello?"

"I'm in," was all I said, tossing the distorted paper into my waste bin. Along with it, had been the notebook that I kept all James's notes in, studying his every move and his business. It was no longer of use to me, thus, it belonged where everything goes to die.

"I knew you would," His voice was dark with mischief, making my lips curl into a smirk, "I'll pick you up at six. Wear something red."

The line cut and I was left in the complete silence again, causing me to stand up from my grandmother's old chair and saunter towards my dimmed closet. My wardrobe had been filled with most of my modest, work clothing, seeming taking up the majority of the closet. But as my fingers skimmed the pieces of fabric, a deep red, bodycon dress came to sight.

It was a dress I hadn't ever worn before, discerning the paper tag that hung off the side of it. I recalled back to the time Aviary and I had gone black friday shopping, remembering her precise words of, "You're getting this, I don't care what you say." And of course I couldn't defy my happy go-lucky best friend who seemed to influence my everyday life.

It wasn't slutty or overly revealing. It had a high, halter-top neck that prohibited a bra of any sort, but luckily had one built in. It hugged tightly along my curves and stopped right before my knees, giving me some type of walking movement with every step I took.

I ventured towards my bathroom and pulled out my makeup bag, applying some concealer, some bronzy eyeshadow, some golden highlight on my cheekbones, a touch of eyebrow product and mascara, and a deep red lipstick color. After a moment, I smiled towards myself in the mirror, thinking in the back of my mind that I should do my makeup more often. With a hum, I began on my hair, curling it into thick curls before finger combing it down to a less dramatic curl. They appeared rather beachy.