Epilogue

Her soft and menacing footsteps sound on the luxurious carpet of the Malfoy Manor, the elegant heels nearly hidden by a flowing, evergreen velvet hem with silver embroidery. Torches flicker gutturally in scones on the wall, casting a long shadow behind the stalking figure.

Her decadent shoes come to a rest in front of a dark stained vanity, laden with dripping jade candles that host flickering flames. Resting amongst the evergreen pools of wax is a mirror framed by ornate silver snakes with emerald eyes. The gemstones wink wickedly in the firelight, watching the girl stare at her own image.

In the reflection, hideous burns scar a once delicate forearm, and the flames are branded into her temple. Rage blazes in her veins, like that scalding fire. Like the same flames that gave her the constant reminder of weakness.

Insane with fury, she sinks her teeth into her full bottom lip to try and control of wildfire spreading inside. Detached, she watches the crimson blood well up and run down her pink lip before dripping onto the vanity. The scarlet drops gleam like garnets against the velvety pools of wax.

"Jordan?"

She does not turn, but instead watches the serpent approach behind her in the mirror. His platinum blonde hair gleams in the torch light, his icy eyes hooded.

Cold hands run up and down the bare skin of her arms, smooth and soothing. "They are beautiful."

The bonfire grows brighter, hotter. "They are a weakness."

His whisper snaked around her ear, his breath coiling and undulating against her delicate skin. "You have proved your loyalty to the Dark Lord. No one will ever think you weak again."

Her poison eyes flashed in the looking glass, glittering like the ornate snakes coiling around her reflection. Their silver scales writhe, nipping and hissing at her impurities. The scalding laughter fuels her sparking rage. "They will burn."

"If you wish, my love."

He leans in to press his lips to hers, his kiss cunning and enchanting. When he pulls away, the ruby rivulet from her lips smudge.

Pale fingers reach, catching the stream on their tips. Entranced, irises of ice and poison watch as the drops fall, mixing with the growing flood of dark wax. Crimson on velvet, they shine.

The wine drips onto a flame, and the light flickers out.

Word Count: 389

Author's Note:  And That's A Wrap! We have heavily edited and changed the first 5 or so chapters, so feel free to read again and comment! And now that we have reached the Epilogue, it's time to say goodbye to your  (hopefully) favourite characters...

Or is it?