thanksgiving

peter parker
set when you and peter are both 25 and happily married 😏

your point of view

peter and i both enjoy thanksgiving. maybe not how the tradition began, but the fundamentals are something we enjoy. every year since we moved in together, we cook a nice wholesome dinner and eat together. it's always been a nice tradition.

to get the whole dinner ready, i wake up at seven, which is unlike the normal nine o'clock. after i wake up, i make a nice cup of coffee. i slowly sip on it while looking through the small house for all of the ingredients i need to start cooking. peter will join me at eight, he was out spiderman-ing all night and deserves the extra rest.

after i not only finish my coffee, but find all of the ingredients for the ham i am making (okay side note i am a pescatarian so i don't eat meat so this was weird to write lol) i decorate it with a nice sauce (i have no idea how to make a ham) after the results are pleasing, i put it in the oven, setting a timer for six hours so we can have more of a thanksgiving lunch. after that i start cooking everything else. including two mini pies, one pumpkin for peter, another cherry for me.

"how long have you been cooking y/n? you should have waken me i could help!" peter walks out of our bedroom rubbing his eyes with a frightful bed head. "it's okay, pick out some movies for our movie marathon tonight" i motion over to our large dvd collection. that's another tradition, we always eat early and spend the rest of the day together watching movies.

one thing peter doesn't know, is that i have a surprise for him. three days ago, i found out i was pregnant. peter and i love thanksgiving so much that i decided to wait to tell him until we were enjoying our holiday.

time skip

"it smells so good, y/n!" peter gushes as i set food on the coffee table in front of the television. my stomach is filling with butterflies as i know i am about to tell peter. i sit down, filling my plate with mashed potatoes, and ham, and other thanksgiving treats.
"so what are you thankful for peter?" i ask, as i lightly salt my food.
"well, i am thankful for my amazing wife who cooked all of this amazing food, i am thankful for my role at stark industries, and did i mention my wife?" he says, a small smile on his face. "what are you thankful for?"
"well," i say, sipping apple cider in the middle of my sentence. "i am very thankful for my husband, and our baby" peters eyes go wide. "our what?" "you heard me!"
he grabs me by the waist and lifts me up, kissing me softly. "our baby! we are going to have a baby!" he yells, pulling away from my lips. we both laugh, and peter cries.
and i swear for the rest of the night i hear him humming "i'm gonna have a baby i'm gonna have a baby" it's the cutest excitement since our wedding day.

i hope you enjoyed!! happy thanksgiving to all!