2.

Edited 5/29/19
Edit 3.0 2/3/20

Ryan Matthews was an intelligent young man…

Teen?

Child.

He was 13.

At 13 he stood as the most talented member of his immediate family. At least, he thought so.

Ryan was talented in the arts. He painted and drew a lot, as well as being a semi-good actor, though he didn't do it often. He also spoke three languages, but didn't really do anything with them.

He walked into the living room where his parents were talking to Riley and serving breakfast to his brother August, or Auggie, who was five years old.

"Bye Mom and Dad, I'll see you later," Ryan said,  waving to the breakfast table full of people. Auggie waved while the rest of them just looked up in acknowledgement.

While Ryan saw himself as talented, it had always felt like the rest of the world saw him as nothing.

Of course, he wasn't neglected, his parents were Cory and Topanga Matthews! If there were people who were more fit to be parents than them the Matthews had never heard of them!

He'd never understood how people could've been so passionate about that when they weren't living it.

Ryan wasn't neglected, of course not, but he did go unnoticed a lot.

Maybe because he wasn't 'daddy's little girl' that Riley was or 'mommy's little boy' like Auggie was.

He walked out the door and grabbed his backpack back from Farkle.

"Morning report?" His best friend asked. Ryan rolled his eyes. "Auggie waved bye, at least."

Ryan gripped the straps of his bag so hard his knuckles turned white. Farkle reached over and detached one hand from the strap to hold it.

"Maybe their mouths were full," Farkle said. At Ryan's glare, he added, "But I know that doesn't excuse the fact that they ignore you."

Ryan rolled his eyes.

A/n y'all I'm stress editing, my math final is tomorrow and I'm fReAkIng oUt maN

3.0 Lmao. The final went fine. That was freshman year btw