16.

Ryan walked into the house earlier than Riley. He dropped his bag at the coat stand and walked up to the kitchen. When Riley walked in he was halfway through a turkey sandwich.

Ryan stuffed his earbuds in his ears and texted Farkle as he tried to tune out what sounded like an awkward puberty conversation between Riley and his mother.

"Three days 'til cyclone day!" Cory exclaimed, throwing open the door. Ryan jerked his head up and dropped his phone, startled.

Cory pulled Auggie up onto the bench at the table.

"Tell me stuff."

"Riley wants to wear makeup!" He tattled, pointing at Riley. Said girl stared at him in shock, jaw dropped.

"You little spy!" Riley pointed right back at him. Ryan muffled a laugh. For all his family was, they certainly we dramatic.

"He's not a spy, don't call him a spy," Cory lied. Auggie shook his head, exposing him.

"I am a spy, you made me a card," Auggie pulled a card from the pocket on his shirt. On it read, 'Auggie - Spy'. Cory shrugged and gave in.

"Alright he is a spy, and guess what? He's working for me! And he just got promoted," Cory pulled out his wallet and from it produced an identical card with the words 'Auggie - Super Spy'.

"Super spy!" Auggie raised his hands up in glee.

As Riley approached the inevitable topic of makeup with her father, Cory spoiled the whole thing by getting Auggie to tattle once more.

"Hey, super spy, tell me stuff."

"Riley wants to go to the dance on," Auggie fake played the piano for emphasis, "dun dun dun, Cyclone Night."

Ryan got up to clean his dish with his family's own soap opera playing in the background. As Topanga attempted to fix her husband's mistakes, Riley delivers the killing blow.

"It's my first dance, dad,"

Down he goes. Onto the couch, dramatic as ever.

"I just don't think there's anything you can teach me anymore. I'm growing up, dad."

And he's dead. What a tragedy, the service will be packed.

"You're breaking him!" Auggie yells.

"Stop, he's dead, it's okay!" Ryan laughs.

"You were a great father to me when I was young, don't take this the wrong way! It's just that there are some things that mom can just naturally teach me, like, what do you know about makeup?"

"I know it's what you're going to have to do with me," Cory got up and walked away.

"Oof," Ryan mumbled. Auggie looked at him with a questioning eyebrow. Ryan rolled his eyes, twisted out of his seat and walked into his room, passing by his parents' room on the way.

Ryan saw Cory was lying face up on the bed, staring at the ceiling. He sighed and knocked on the door.