1.1 | Blind Arc

U

U.A Academy and Class 1.A.

Mai was lying on her futon in thought. She had already designed her hero costume and sent it to the academy, she wondered about how her new school life would be like. Would it be the same?

It was the first day. Mai thought as she sat up after staying awake for a bit and went off to get changed into the brand new uniform. 

''School will definitely be as good as the last one!'' She forced a smile along with an innocent giggle.

***

She wasn't late nor early, either way, she entered the huge door to her new class; 1-A. She wasn't very ecstatic about becoming a hero, but like her brother said, she should try to make a future for herself.

As she stepped in, she immediately scanned the room for a seat. She was glad to find one, except, it was the exact same spot she would sit in during middle school-- the middle of the room. She placed her bag there quickly so that no one would claim it. She had noticed that two familiar faces were staring straight at her, in return, Mai smiled at them as she took her seat and stared at the table. 

''Ah... What a nice change, a rather clean table I have.''

''Miya- Miyazaki-san? You came here?!'' A certain green haired student stood in front of her desk with a surprised expression. She knew him, for he was in the same class as her during her final year of middle school.

''Midoriya-san let's get along this year!'' Mai said as she stared at Izuku Midoriya with her cheerful look. Midoriya sweat dropped after hearing Mai's introduction.

''U-Uhm... Miyazaki-san, you don't have to be so formal...''

Mai replied with a smile. ''Is that okay with you? Then... You can call me Mai if you'd like.'' Mai shivered in excitement at the thought of making many bonds. She was forced to suddenly listen to a tall blue haired guy with glasses giving her an earful.

''Excuse me! I don't think that flower pin is part of the school uniform. Please take it off immediately.'' His voice sounded demanding as he stabbed a finger at the tiny cherry blossom flower. Luckily, Mai pulled out a slip of paper from her blazer's pocket and presented it to the tall guy.

''Oh... Is that so? I would do so and take it off for you, but the school has allowed me to wear it as you see...'' She smiled sheepishly while explaining, allowing the glasses guy to nod in understanding.

''I see... I'm terribly sorry for commanding you to take it off. I'm Tenya Iida, nice to meet you!'' Mai returned his introduction.