2.2 | Truth Arc

Bitterness

Bitterness.

The sports festival was less than a week away. Katsuki trained a tad bit harder than usual, but it wasn't very effective. All he could think of was Mai, he understood his feelings for her, but he just didn't understand why.

''I can't stop thinking about that idiot...'' Katsuki stopped what he was doing and stood on the spot, blushing. He felt his face grow hot, and covered his face in embarrassment.

Katsuki could barely go without thinking about Mai for even 10 seconds. Was this how bad the symptoms of love were? He always thought that the thing called love was stupid and it was only for people who aren't motivated. But there he was; a victim of love. He eventually stopped training and went to sleep, admitting his defeat.

***

The next day. Before classes were to start, Katsuki payed Mai a visit in her classroom. Of course, Mai greeted him with her usual smile and participated in some idle chatter with him. 

''Katsuki-kun, I take it your training is going smoothly?''

Katsuki answered right away, to get rid of lingering thoughts of the training from the day before.

''Yeah.''

''Are you fitting in well with these extras?'' Katsuki asked, averting his gaze just in case.

''...Of course. They welcomed me well..'' Mai looked off with an odd looking smile. It was just a smile. But it seemed so forced, Katsuki couldn't help but furrow his brows. He needed to know what was wrong. Before he could speak, a pink haired girl interrupted them with a shiny smile.

''Excuse me, please go along to your class now. We are about to start.''

Katsuki glared at the girl before leaving with a brief ''tch''.

Katsuki left. Mai felt cold again. She sat on her seat with her head down, body tensed up. She waited patiently for what was next.

''Too bad your knight in shining armor has just left you.'' The pink haired student sneered with a sweet tone in her voice.

Mai looked up and smiled sweetly, moving her bag from her table and revealing the graffiti on her desk with words such as: ''freak, mentally ill, stupid, germy, sissy, urinal, corpse flower.'' written even if they were not true.

''Disappointingly so, I don't want the one I love brought into this.''

***