1.3 | Blind Arc

The USJ incident

The USJ incident. 

Mai closed her eyes to listen to the comforting sound of class chatter. She had congratulated Iida and Yaoyorozu for earning the right to represent their class.

"Alright we're going out for hero training. Change into your hero costumes on the wall there." Explained Aizawa-sensei briefly.

Mai's costume was a short kimono with black stockings and her wooden sandals. The kimono's fabric had a heat pack inside and the pouch which was connected to the sash of her kimono. The hero costume was quite easy to move in, not to mention-- it was extremely light.

 She had begun to check if she had everything needed, but when her fingers grazed something delicate and small she pulled it out gingerly only to find a miniature vial of a preserved marigold.

''Ah! Grandpa's marigold is happy as ever.'' Mai smiled as usual at the strength of the golden marigold. She was suddenly interrupted by a tough hand on her shoulder.

''Oh, Bakugou-kun what business would you have with me today? More questions? Of course! I'd be willing to answer all of them!'' She placed the tiny vial back into the pouch and turned to face the ash blonde.

''Sit with me.'' Bakugou commanded to the silver haired.

''Sit with- oh! You must be referring to the bus ride to our destination... Sure, I'd like to.'' She smiled at him like usual, Bakugou grunted in response and walked off into the bus.

***

In the bus, most of the class was talking about quirks and whatnot. Mai was daydreaming out the window, sitting next to a suddenly aggravated Bakugou.

''Bakugou may have a flashy quirk, but his personality is trash steeped in raw sewage.'' Denki Kaminari, the male student with Pikachu hair said.

''Hey! What's with that vocabulary?!'' Bakugou lashed out aggressively. Mai turned her gaze to Bakugou's face with a train of thoughts, Bakugou seemed to notice her gaze. Turning his head to the silver haired.

''Haah? What is it?''

''What flower would you be...?'' She asked not to him, but herself. It was like she didn't even know that the ash blonde's crimson eyes were on her.

''There you go again, back to that flower shit...'' He grumbled before turning back to the rest of the class.

''An Amaryllis? No... Doesn't seem quite right. Then what..?'' Mai closed her eyes in thought of Bakugou's personality. She didn't quite understand him and it was definitely unusual, but the thought of not knowing what flower was for him made Mai's chest tingle in excitement and curiosity.