3.2 | Love Arc

Grandfather

Grandfather

WARNING: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS THEMES OF SUICIDE.

I had escaped the hospital without anyone noticing. The apartment seemed to be close by according to the map in the park nearby. I was already out of the building, not many people would come out early in the morning. A gentle voice that seemed quite far rang in my ears, but I could hear it faintly.

''...Ma..i... Foll...ow... Me...''

At the moment, my head began to ache. The pain was bearable, so I pressed forward with a wince.

The apartment complex came into view, I ignored the ringing in my ears as I took a deep breath.

''I'm coming, Grandpa.''

I stepped into the building and searched for the room that was written in the diary. The voice was close as ever, the aching in my head felt like it was ripping it apart. I opened the unlocked door of the room. The atmosphere felt eerie and the room felt colder than ever.

In the middle of the room, an old man stood beside a chair and an empty noose; the balcony door was open. He turned around revealing his bloody head and bruised features, he had a smile on his face as if inviting me to come closer. He kept repeating my name and reached his arm out.

''Mai, follow me.'' The old voice echoed throughout my splitting head. I did not abide with his instructions, I knew that I was hallucinating. As my head kept pounding in excruciating pain, my eyes darted around, landing on a nearby flower vase. Grabbing it, I yelled out, unable to control the pain in my head.

''No! Come to your senses, Grandpa!'' I yelled viciously towards the old figure, throwing the vase towards him. I used my free hand about to release a pile of heavy snow on the legs of Grandpa to keep him from moving. However, I pulled back sharply after remembering what the doctor had said. 

''You must absolutely, under no circumstances, use your quirk from now. Doing so speeds up the process and considering your situation; there's a high chance that it'll lead to sudden death.''

The vase completely missed the figure and smashed against the wall.

''Mai, follow me. Follow me... Follow me, follow me, follow me, FOLLOW ME!'' Grandfather shouted crazily, stepping forward in the process, grabbing my arm.

''No, you mustn't! I know what happened to you grandpa, so please stop this right now!'' I yelled out to the figure with tears welling up at the corner of my eyes. The figure paused as if waiting for me to continue.