2.0 | Truth Arc

The truth

The truth.

5 days until Mai would be expelled...

''The UA Sports Festival is coming up!'' Mina, the pink girl exclaimed in excitement. Katsuki couldn't help but glance at Mai when he heard that. He knew that the festival would be held in two weeks and Mai wouldn't be there because of her upcoming expulsion. Hell, he didn't know what he was doing, thinking about Mai like that. Class was already starting, so he had to snap out of it.

***

''Ah! Mai-chan!'' 

Katsuki's ears perked up when he heard Mai's name. Once he realized what he perked up to, he cursed himself and watched Mai walk up to Uraraka with her commonly used smile. For some reason, Mai's casual smile just seemed depressing to him. Her smile was just as equivalent to a wilting flower, struggling to survive in a world without anyone special, but of course, it was just Katsuki's opinion. 

While everyone was asking Mai about her well-being, Katsuki noticed the half-and-half bastard  was different than usual. He seemed a lot more down; a lot more cold and distant than usual. It wasn't like this for Katsuki to notice, but he was curious. He new that the guy was a relative of Mai, so he figured that he would know about her strange behaviour. 

''Hey, icy-hot!'' Katsuki called.

Todoroki looked up with his cold eyes piercing Katsuki's own.

''What?'' Todoroki asked with a sour face.

''You know what's up with that smiling idiot?'' He asked with his hands in his pockets. he kept his grumpy expression on as usual.

The hetero chromatic kept silent for a brief moment. His face showed nothing more than pain and grief. He spoke with a more open tone as he looked towards Mai's crowd of people.

''...I'll tell you. Follow me.'' 

***

The two boys stood behind the school in silence, Katsuki, waiting for Todoroki to start his explanation.

''So? Tell me what the fuck's wrong with you and that smiley fucker.'' Katsuki asked as seriously as he could.

''No one knows what's wrong but me and her brother. Not even her parents,'' he started with his plastered face of dejection.

''So she's not just a crazy bitch who fucks around with dead as shit flowers. Great.'' 

''The truth is, she's diagnosed with a mental disorder. It's a problem, since the doctors haven't seen anything like it before. They say that it's symptoms are almost similar to schizophrenia, but the change is that it's much more harmful to the brain. Mai's showing symptoms of hallucinations, memory loss and some of her memories are more jumbled...''