3.0 | Love Arc

Pity

Pity

I was brought to the nurse's office by Katsuki-kun and a friendly brown-haired girl who introduced herself as Ochako Uraraka with a glum expression. I realised that she must have been someone very close to me and felt guilt once more cloud over.

An old lady with a calming aura led me to a bed for me to sit down, Katsuki-kun and Uraraka-san stood at the side watching me with their own expressions of concern visible on their faces. I sheepishly lowered my head; ashamed that I couldn't remember a thing. Before my thoughts went astray, the old lady took my hand gently, making my head shoot up in surprise.

''You're still young, so don't frown like that; you'll get wrinkles.'' her expression was warm and full of affection. It somehow seemed familiar, most likely someone I had always spent my time with.

I felt my heart squeeze.

It wasn't long before I broke down and tightened my grip around the old lady's tiny hands. I trembled and bawled like a child. It was clear to me that I didn't want to forget anything else-- even if I only had a single memory of a single person. My eyes landed on Uraraka-san who wore an expression that felt like I had always seen my whole life; pity.

Every time I saw it, it tore me apart. I never wanted anyone's pity, but it seemed like it was the only thing I could receive from anyone. 

''Well now that you've calmed down, I'll run some tests to confirm if it's what I think it is. I'd like your friends here to leave the roo-''

''NO WAY IN HELL I'M LEAVING!'' Katsuki-kun snarled in objection. However, it did not affect the lady in any way and simply replied sternly.

''So you decide to choose not to respect someone's privacy? No one would feel comfortable with someone of the opposite sex to watch them undress.''

''WHO GIVES A DAMN!''

''B-Bakugou-kun, you have to leave-- Sorry about that!'' Uraraka-san apologised as she used her quirk to make Katsuki-kun float, guiding him out of the infirmary. The sight was amusing to see, but I could not bring myself to laugh.

She turned her head towards me for a brief moment but averted her gaze away as if she was upset about something. The door closed before I could ask about anything.

***

''As expected,'' The old lady who had introduced herself as 'Recovery Girl' sighed.

I looked up expectantly as I finished clothing myself with the sports uniform. Recovery Girl's usual face changed into a serious expression.

''You have The Freezing; It happens when a person suffers through emotional trauma, you've probably had hallucinations from it before you used your quirk.''