2.4 | Truth Arc

Try to remember

Try to remember.

Mai's cheeks grew nice and toasty as she quickly avoided his kind gaze with a surprised expression. She ran off to where her class was seated and retrieved a blanket to warm herself up from the damage her quirk had done. She walked towards the crowd in front of Midnight, waiting for instructions. For some reason, her mind felt clearer than ever and the world around her seemed to 

''The second round of the U.A. Sports Festival first-year stage is...''

The R-rated hero gestured towards the giant screen behind her with her whip. The screen read 'Cavalry battle'. Mai looked around anxiously, worried if she would be able to form a team.

''A cavalry battle with the top 42 qualifiers!'' Midnight finished with a dramatic wave of her whip.

Students began to murmur around Mai, some of them already formed their teams with their friends. Mai scanned the area, purposely avoiding Katsuki's figure for anyone who seemed available. She made eye contact with a purple-haired male with a seemingly ragged appearance. She gave her a smirk which seemed to give off the vibe that he was targeting her. Mai gulped down any doubts and began to walk over to him just as Midnight started the 15-minute timer.

The ragged student looked at Mai when she stopped in front of him. He took his hand out for a handshake, giving her a confident smile.

''Miyazaki-chan, thanks for coming. Let's get along well.'' 

Mai scanned his expression in a daze, as she accepted his handshake. She shook his hand meekly and nodded. The way he added chan made her seem like a child to him, however, Mai didn't let it get to her.

''Likewise... Uhm...'' She began to greet him but stopped when she realised that she didn't know his name. The student chuckled and filled in the missing word.

''Shinso. Hitoshi Shinso, I'm your classmate.'' 

Mai nodded in understanding and spoke up once more, taking a look around for more team members.

''Our team is lacking two more members... Do you have anyone you are acquainted with that would join us?'' She turned her head back to Shinso who had a confident grin plastered onto his face, he then patted her shoulder before walking off to some students.

''Don't worry, we already have two others who'll join us.''

Mai sighed in relief as she watched Shinso converse with a round boy with an anxious face. He soon had the student follow him as he moved on to another student with a tail. Although the students didn't really seem like they were pleased with the idea of forming a team with him, they ended up following Shinso with a blank expression. Once the three had stopped in front of Mai and introduced themselves, Shinso began to position everyone in their designated formation.

''Shoda-kun, you can take the left-wing. Ojiro-san, you take the right.'' The two male students nodded blankly and positioned themselves, ready to carry the head. Mai waited for Shinso's instructions.