CHAPTER FOUR

Saying that Jungkook's mind is preoccupied is a total understatement. No, it wasn't just his mind. His physical-self felt like dying with tiredness. His mind just wanted to shut down like a computer. He wanted to sleep inside the cab but no, he couldn't because his mind kept on running and running for a certain thing. No, actually it's a lot of things. A lot of things revolving around one certain person. Of course, like the old times. His mind was so busy running over and over that he didn't even realize that he arrived at their apartment. He wasn't even sure of how much money he did pay for the cab if it's too much or too little. But the driver didn't speak so probably it's fine, just... just whatever. He went directly to his room and threw himself to bed.

He closed his eyes and pleaded his own self to let him sleep and not think of any unpleasant thoughts (Including Taehyung, though he don't consider him unpleasant, he never will). He counted sheep, cows, goats and any other farm animals but his mind seemed to refuse being tired of thinking. His mind seemed to refuse to drain its energy. It almost feels like his mind is also going with his heart. But no. Or maybe? He wasn't sure at all. Not an inch.

Soon, as he kept his eyes closed, he felt a warm embrace coming from his back. So warm that the frowns on his forehead vanished. So warm that the coldness of the night that never seemed to leave him immediately disappeared like it was never there. So warm that it patched the wounded parts of his heart. So warm that it made the tiredness fade away. So warm, that he almost prayed that the source of the warmth he is feeling is the person he never wanted to leave. The person he always wanted to stay with but always pushes him away in a very unusual manner.

The owner of warm arms that embraced him closer and scooped him like he belonged there. He hugged his waist tightly as if his hands were meant to be in that place. He kept himself close as if it is the last thing that he ever wanted.

Jungkook felt the affection and his heart started skipping beats. The skipped beats started to increase until it was beating rapidly and unevenly when the man from behind breathed one word. "Gguk-ah" the voice made Jungkook open his eyes and bite his lower lip. The breathings from behind drove chills down his spine and the familiar voice made his head spin around. The growing smile on his lips, which he tried to hide, escaped. He knew who it is. He definitely knew.

He felt the man's hands go inside his shirt and settle on his chest, drawing small circles that made a comforting feeling. His warm breath calms Jungkook. His lips soon, let the smiles free from his teeth but he tried to stop it again when he felt the man from his back moving. The man turned him to face him and greeted him with a smile.

"Hi." The man said smiling at him as he locked gazes with Jungkook's doe eyes.

"T-tae?" Jungkook's word came out breathy and questioning even with the fact that he already knew it was Taehyung. Yes, that Taehyung. The Kim Taehyung that he always dreamed of.

They laid with their sides, facing each other quietly. Exchanging breaths and smiles silently. They looked right at each other's eyes as if exploring and looking through their souls. As if they are connected in some different way. Taehyung soon moved his hands and tucked the younger's hair behind his ear and stroked his hair backward. He let his hands settle at the back of Jungkook's head. His fingers between the strands of Jungkook's hair.

But Jungkook's smile faded and his body started to stiff when he realized that he wasn't the one lying beside the man. The man with the eyes of the galaxy. The man with the comfort and warmth of an unburning fire. He was certain earlier that he was the one in front of Taehyung. But why? Why does it look like, he was just watching all of it from afar? No. This is wrong. This is not right. So wrong for Jungkook. This is unfair!

Jungkook's eyes started to feel warmer and warmer until his vision blurred for a second. Then the next thing he knew, is he is standing a few feet away from Taehyung as he let the man in front of him touch his cheeks. The next thing Jungkook knew is he is watching the man he loves from afar and is happy with someone Jungkook doesn't even recognize.