CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

Life is just cruel. It's simply just that. No matter how much Taehyung looks at it as pretty and somehow just at sometimes. It will always, always still manifest the cruelty, the tyranny of this land where we live. Repression from benevolence would always be descried by our bare eyes. Calloused hands of the once aesthetic humanity. Humans that aren't any far from demons today are everywhere to be discerned. How much would it take to cover your eyes? How pretty would it be to just close your eyes and forget that life is like that? But Taehyung just can't do it right now. He knew he couldn't for the light that's lighting Taehyung's world is darkening. And if he turned a blind eye he might lose it forever. But he won't let it. Not again.

He can't quite put a finger on how did many of us become like this. He can't understand why did we go worse and worse. but mostly, why did Namjoon had to do this? Taehyung couldn't understand why. Namjoon... He's... He's a kind, sweet man. And doing this never crossed Taehyung's mind. He can't quite give to believe everything that's happening right now. It's... a nuisance.

"Butler Shin, I have to get them y'know? They're in danger. Jung and Park... They're both at stake! If anything happens to them it will be the end of their companies!" He reasoned out and the butler just sighed.

"Talk to your father, Young Maste--"

"You know that I won't."

"It's the on--"

"Not if you will just let me get the numbers of Daddy's connections with the police!"

"Why don't you just go to the police then?"

"Kim Namsae's son is witty... If the conclusions are right that this is his doing then the police are no good without connection. You must know that very well, Butler Shin." Taehyung retorted as frustration started to get more evident in his voice. "Besides, those dumbfucks are kids of Namsae. Especially, my Daddy doesn't need them."

"Mast--"

"Can't you just fucking follow?!" Taehyung yelled this time and the expression that the old man flashed is the answer that he didn't want. 

"You're not my owner, Young Master. I'm a servant of your father and not you. So, if you may still want my help, all I could do is to help you talk to your father. That's all." Taehyung then clutched his hand close, hard and trembling. "Look, I know this is hard for you but you should know that I can't do much other than talking to your father."

"Yeah," Taehyung said and was about to leave but then he stopped. He closed his eyes tight. It's for Jimin. For Hoseok. For Jungkook. He can't just let them be. He's their only hope and time is running. "Fine! Where's Daddy?"

"So, that day... I went to his school and it was so fucking funny! He was being dragged by everyone in the cafeteria saying that he's so-- Are you even listening!?" The man yelled and slapped him across his face. Jungkook laughed, a laugh that conveys his emotions and how hilarious and disgusted he felt towards this man. How could he talk that much like this is some normal day? A fucking crazy shit. 

Jungkook spat the blood from his inner lips. He had, unfortunately, bit it when the man hit him. Jungkook's eyes burned in anger and disbelieving hatred with the angered man in front.

"Oh shit!" Then Jungkook's forehead made a frown. A confused one to be exact. "D-did I hurt you!?" Jungkook wanted to laugh again. What question is that? He just saw him spat blood and