chapter.34

Azalea tilted her head to the side

Azalea tilted her head to the side. “Oh my God!” It seemed as if everything clicked into her head right then. “You're Destiny McCarderson!” She seemed to not believe what she was saying. “What? How didn't I know?”

I shrugged my shoulder. “Puberty, you know?” I shook my head. “Hold on, how many of these areas have they already attacked?” I mumbled quietly wandering to myself which town my mom had been hiding at before they found her.

“I don't know exactly, all I do know is that it needs to be stopped.” Her voice was quiet. “I haven't shown Hunter this yet. I didn’t really think he'd get it.” She sighed. “I don't think he'll really understand why it has to be stopped, he doesn't like violence.”

“Give him a few days with Matt.” I mumbled. “Violence is a necessity sometimes really. Matt had to teach that to me too you know?”

“If it's helping the better good, than yeah, I totally get it, I just never want to hurt anyone.” Azalea leaned back.

“I know how you feel.” I shook my head passing the map back into her hands. “We can't just not do anything about this map, we have to help these people.”

“And you have to calm down before you mess up that shoulder of yours up anymore than it already is.” She shook her head at me disapproving. “We can't just up and leave right now, especially with your arm the way it is.”