THE STORYLINES

Each member in this story had his own unique storyline that brought something different to the main plot & the reveal of the murderer, so I wanted to explain the reasoning behind each of them and discuss it with you all! Mostly because I spent a lot of time thinking about it, and I need to talk about it now that the story is done haha. Here we go:

_______

HOSEOK

Hoseok is the one character everyone forgot to consider while trying to figure out who had killed him. It's understandable, because while he's constantly mentioned, we never see his POV (except for extra pt.1) and we never see him alive, meaning that, apart from what we know and find out from the other members, his life and personality are a complete question mark. But really, he was the only character whose storyline actually mattered - because it leads to and ends with the murder! Most of you saw him as a good person because most members (apart from Namjoon) described him as such. But was he really? 

_______

NAMJOON

Namjoon had a interesting storyline, because the truth is that he didn't play any major part in the tragedy that took place. He is mostly present as the smart leader that tries to hold the group together as much as he can, all while making sense of what happened. 

Interestingly, while it is stated explicitly by various members (and Namjoon himself) that he hated Hoseok, he is the only one that, throughout the story, didn't speak of Hoseok like he was perfect. After Hoseok's death, all of the members are focused on remembering Hoseok as a good person and on their pain in light of his passing. Yet Namjoon isn't focused on himself as much, and thus brings us a deeper questioning relating to the motive of the murder: was Hoseok really killed because he was hated? Namjoon himself hated Hoseok, but he thinks that this hate isn't a good enough reason to kill - so then what could be the reason Hoseok was killed? 

_______

TAEHYUNG

Taehyung played the part of the guy who has a bunch of clues but no idea that he does. He brings us the first clue that Yoongi could be the murderer and his motive for the murder in one single sentence (in chapter 4, which I'll talk about in the next chapter), he brings us the reveal that Jungkook had seen Hoseok that night, he brings us the question to Yoongi about having seen Hoseok that night, which helps Seokjin's understanding of what happened. Taehyung, while not having a strong part in the main plot line, plays the most important part of it. 

_______

JIMIN

Jimin had, in my opinion, the most interesting storyline. He had perhaps the most painful one too, in the sense of mourning Hoseok while feeling some guilt for what happened, because he can't help but wonder if it was somehow his fault. While a major plot twist is Jimin's presence in the apartment that night, it is complemented by his drug usage and the fact that he saw someone in the hallway during the night, that someone going into Hoseok's room. But Jimin is scared of revealing it. Why? Because he isn't that sure of what he saw, or because he's scared of Jungkook? 

Also, once Jungkook is being accused, that's when Jimin reveals what he saw, which in turn brings Jungkook's confession. We also see much of the unfolding of Seokjin's storyline through Jimin's eyes. Overall, Jimin was the character who perhaps struggled the most with Hoseok's death & how it happened. His particularity is that his pain and struggles emanated from within himself, rather than coming from his relations to other characters.