Prologue

The area was empty and dark, the once so powerful walls that kept the prison up for several millennials, that survived even the most powerful attacks of the fallen and locked away light bringer were ruined. The entire place seemed to vibrate and scintillate, caused by the amount of energy that was locked in there as well, for so many years. Nothing was left except for the broken ruins of this place and the dark cinders of the few organic materials that have been left in this place.

The sound of wings tore the deadly silence and slowly the place was not as empty as it used to be.
A hand full of angels appeared down in the cage, quickly swarming out into different cardinal points.
They were searching for something, searching for a hint that would help them to get an answer to the question that kept them worried for a long time.
At least a week ago in heaven, the angels were interrupted by a loud sound, that reminded them of a horrific scream and they watched how the gates of the traitors prison shut open and the dimension they kept him locked in burst out in bright colorful flames, flames that were created by some higher power that most of them were not able to reach in their life.
Heaven watched the fire in horror, knowing that this could not mean anything good for them. The time that they had to spend waiting felt like an entire century, maybe even two, and no one knew what to do. It felt like they were sitting in a trap, not knowing if it would work or not. It was a horrible feeling, worse than the times before the wars started. And now they were here, down in a place that neither of them thought they would ever see.

The soldiers spend hours looking at the remains of the jail, created for one of them, only to come back without any satisfying clues. That's why most of them were feeling nervous as soon as they entered the great halls of heaven.
Someone was already sitting at a desk, waiting for them; arms crossed, hands intertwined. "It took you a long time to come back ..." The cold gaze felt like ice while the angel's eyes roamed the soldiers. "Did you find something that will help us to find out more why and how this incident happened?" The way that the word incident was pronounced made clear that no one actually wanted to talk about it closer, they all just wanted to forget the sounds that they could hear when you walked close to the doors, already able to see the twitching shadows of the flames that destroyed everything they could find.
An angel took a step forward and looked down. "Unfortunately not, my highness. Everything down there is demolished. There is almost nothing left that represents the place it used to be."
Silence. The gaze focused on the young general that stood in front of the other ones. "So, you are telling me that you haven't found anything down there?"
The general shook their head. "No, nothing. Not even a single thing that could give us some sort of answers. I am sorry, my highness."
"What about the occupants?"
"Again, nothing. We were not able to find any lifeform down there. Not even a single bacterium, my highness."
The addressed angel sighed and stood up. "Well ... Then we have a problem. I hope you all know that neither of them is someone that should leave this field, and yet they did. This might cause heaven as many problems as earth and even hell. We can't let that happen, it is our duty to save the innocent ones from monsters like they are."
The soldiers nodded, knowing it already well enough.
"Then find them. Go. Search for them, search everywhere you can think of! And you" the angel turned around, back to the general, focusing them with their eyes that were as cold as ice "alarm the other troops. We might need reinforcement."
"Yes, my highness."

~~

Welcome to the sequel of 'Between abomination and affection'! I hope everyone that reads it enjoys it (at least somehow)!
Also I want to thank the readers, voters and the ones that commented a lot! ♥