One

[Jason is dedicated to my friend , you won't read this but I love you.]

Lots of things happened in the hallways of Westerberg High. Kids got shoved into lockers, fights broke out, but everyone dropped silent as the school's head clique marched proudly as if the dirty hall were a runway. This little trio was widely known as 'The Heathers." Cold and beautiful, egotistic and snobby. Nobody dare messed with the heathers. Nobody except her.

She'd been there as long as the Heathers, she'd grown up there. Everyone remembered when it wasn't so hard. They would all run around the playground, and words like 'calories' or 'acne' didn't exist. Just little kids, grabiing eachothers hands and pulling each other into games of tag. All kids had to fear then was never talking again due to being 'jinxed' or getting the 'cheese touch.' No kid ever imagined having clothes stolen while they showered or trying to adjust to find the most comfortable position they could find from inside a locker. But things change.

As time went on, the school split. There was the half that worshipped and feared the Heathers, and the half that sheltered themselves behind Y/n. There was an unspoken border that everyone was aware of, and with it came rules. If you go to Y/n's side you live peacefully as long as she's there, but if she wasn't in a class period or god forbid she was sick, the Heathers searched the school like the snakes they are, searching for any of her loyal followers they could prey on. Many students thought it was worth the risk. Other students didn't. And then there were neutral kids, doing their very best to just blend in and go unnoticed.

/You made her life a living hell! 

How do you live with yourself?

Your a horrible person, y'know that

Too bad it wasn't you/

May 1989, Junior Year

__________________

Y/n paced the aged hallways, book bag slung lazily over her shoulder. She clenched onto the dentist's note in her hand. She had left during 2nd period. She walked into the office and turned in her note.

"Thank you ma'am. It's about 5 minutes until the students are release for lunch. You can just go into the bathroom or something until it's time." the office lady's voice was sweet as she took the note and started typing something into her computer. Y/n thanked her and walked out, adjusting the strings of her hoodie until they were even.

She paced down they empty halls again until she reached her locker. She typed in her lock combination until it clicked open. She grabbed a small sack that held her cassette tapes. Her fingers shuffled through the tapes, looking for one she was in the mood for. After passing on several tapes, she finally selected a 'Queen' album. She loaded in into her cassette player and turned it on. She softly hummed along as she made her way to the bathroom. After she went into the bathroom and closed the door, she leaned against the wall and sang with her music as she waited for her bell to ring.

Soon enough, the school bell rang throughout the School, relieving students in every class. Y/n ripped out her headphones and shoved them in her pocket. She walked over to the door and walked out. As soon as she left the bathroom, she spotted those god forsaken uniforms. She mentally gagged at the sight of the Heathers. She watched as Chandler motioned to some kid walking outside. Y/n's eyes widened as she realized what was going on. She just wished she wasn't on the other end of the hallway.

She shoved through the crowd of students crowding the hallways, probably knocking a kid or two down, she muttered quick apologies and kept going on. By the time she got to the door her fist were angrily shaking. Of all people, why'd they go after him? Hadn't they harassed the poor kid enough?