Ready

"Whoa, whoa, take it easy!" It was a few days after the shooting and Adam had just gone to get a coffee and had returned to see his sister trying to stand up.
"Dr Rhodes is discharging me, he just went to get the papers." Dani Said, holding one arm out hoping for her brother to help her. "Kim's on her way to pick us up since neither of us have our cars." She added.
"Okay." Adam Said, slipping under her arm and helping her to her feet. "When do you go back to work?" He Asked as she reached for her jacket.
"As soon as I'm cleared by the docs." Dani Said. "I've got to find a spot otherwise I'll just be dumped in a random unit somewhere."
"You'll find somewhere, don't worry about it." Adam assured her.

A week later
Intelligence were working a case surrounding a well known drug dealer who dealt in all kinds of illegal stuff on the side. They were initially given a chance to take him off the streets by one of Antonio's CIs, a bust which turned sideways when they managed to give the unit the slip.
"What about sending someone undercover at one of his clubs?" Burgess said.
"He's seen all of our faces." Antonio shot the idea down.
"What about Dani?" Atwater said, taking Ruzeks attention away from the paper work he was working on. "Come on, She's an FBI undercover, and you know she's been going crazy sat in your apartment all day." He added, looking at Ruzek.
"You think she'll be up for it?" Voight Asked, the conversation having obviously caught his attention as well.
"I'll ask her." Ruzek said, knowing there was not going to be an easy way out.

"Hey what's up?"
"How are you feeling?"
"Alright, Ready to get back to work."
"You think you can go under in Chicago tonight?"
"Are you being serious?"
"Voight thinks it's a good idea, he already knows Kim and Hailey."
"Voight doesn't know about Rose!"
"I've ran checks against our case and that case, no one overlaps."
"Do I have a choice?"
"For me, Yeah. For Voight, maybe not."
"I'll be there in ten."

"She in?" Voight Asked as soon as Ruzek exited the break room.
"She's on her way over." Ruzek said, sitting back at her desk.

"Hey." Ruzek said, walking over to his sister as she came up the stairs into Intelligence.
"Hey." Dani Said, allowing him to wrap an arm around her shoulders.
"Sargent Hank Voight." Voight said offering his hand for her to shake.
"SSA Dani Ruzek, it's nice to meet you Sargent." Dani Said, shaking his hand.
"Thanks for doing this." Voight said.
"It's no problem, it's nice to be back on the job." Dani Said with a small smile. "So what am I doing? Adam didn't really explain much over the phone." Dani Asked, leaning against her brothers desk. Voight went on to explain the case before explaining what they needed her to do.
"So we just need you to get into the back room and leave a bug." Voight explained.
"Okay." Dani Said, absorbing the information.
"Upton, Adam go get Dani prepped downstairs." Voight ordered.
"So your the famous Upton." Dani Said as she allowed the detective to lead her downstairs.
"Your brothers mentioned me then." Upton said.
"Yeah." Dani Said, smirking as she noticed her brother beginning to go red. "Only slightly, how many people knew?" She asked.
"Only Voight, we didn't last to long." Upton said.
"How about we stop talking about my love life and start getting you prepped so I can stay alive?" Adam Said.
"This is the bug you need to plant, just put it anywhere it won't be found." Upton said giving her a small box she could easily conceal in her palm. "Then this is so you can hear us, and this is so we can see and hear what's going on." She Said opening two boxes, one with an earpiece and one with a necklace.
"Okay." Dani Said. "Is there somewhere I can get changed?"
"Back up the stairs, second door on your left." Upton instructed with a smile.

A few minutes later Dani came back down wearing a gold sequin mini skirt, a white crop top, a leather jacket and black heels.
"This should work right?" She Asked Upton.
"You'll fit right in." Upton Replied, placing the necklace around her neck and handing Dani the ear piece and the bug.
"Once you're done, get out as fast as you can. The code word is ridiculous." Adam Said.
"Ridiculous, got it." Dani Said, to reassure him.
"Random question but do you technically outrank Voight?" Upton Asked.
"Kinda, FBI automatically outranks PD but i was only an officer when I moved up and I think I'm a detective now." Dani explained.
"How did you even go from PD to the FBI?" Upton Asked.
"It's a long and complicated story." Dani paused. "That we don't have time for right now." She added as she heard footsteps coming down the stairs. Atwater whistled as he saw Dani's appearance.
"I will punch you." Adam warned with a glare.
"You guys ready to roll?" Voight Asked.
"Yep." Upton answered for the trio.
"Everyone get suited up." Voight ordered.
"Nice scars." Atwater joked with Dani.
"Thanks." She replied sarcastically. "You need some help with that?" She Asked, gesturing to the bullet proof vest he was trying to put on.
"You know how to put a vest on?" He Asked in mock surprise.
"I was on patrol before I got promoted." Dani Replied, smacking him on the shoulder once she'd put his vest on.
"Adam ever outrank you?" He asked out of curiosity.
"Yeah, he's older so he got accepted into the academy first. He's been a cop a year longer than me because he couldn't make his mind up and by the time he decided he wanted to be a cop I was only a year behind him." She explained.
So how come you ended up in the FBI?" He Asked as a crowd.
"Short version, I was on patrol, I fit the description of a UC needed so they sent me under. I ended up crossing paths with an FBI agent who thought I was good at what I was doing at got me the promotion." She explained, leaving out as much detail as possible.