The Date Part 3

Enjoy

***************

Sarah's (POV)

I open my eyes to complete darkness and silence. I feel something sticky on my forehead but I can't make out what it is so I'm just going to ignore it. I climb off my bed and head downstairs where the lights are on. I find out what the thing on my forehead is. A note.

Hey, sorry for not waking you up but I went out with Luke. I'll be back, maybe late.

Lola

Well she's gone.

"Dad?" I yell.

"In the living room." He yells back. I walk inside the living room to find my father sitting on the coach, eating popcorn and watching a movie. I sit next to him.

"What are you watching?"

"The Goonies."

"Oh such a good classic."

"Where's your friend?"

"She's out on a date."

"On a date?" He looks at me surprised.

"Yes dad. She's on a date. She has a life too."

"But I thought she was shy?"

"She is but I've been helping her."

"You're a really good friend honey. I'm proud of you." He gives me a side hug.

"Hey dad, I've been wanting to ask you two things that have been on my mind latley."

"Yea, sure what is it." He pauses the movie and I sigh.

"Do you think Lola can sing some songs during lunch. She's a really good singer and I-"

"Sure." He interupts me.

"Really?"

"Yea, Max and her have been using the music room sometime after school. I've never heard her but I can tell she's great."

"Wait." I'm so confused. "Max and her?"

"Yep."

"huh"

"Why? Is something wrong?"He asks

"No not at all." Max is popular and hangs out with Lola's bullies. I am so confused.

"What's the other thing you wanted to tell me?" He says bringing me out of my thoughts. Should I tell him?

"How long does a parent serve in jail for abusing their child?"

"A few years, I think. Around from 3 to 5 years. Why?"

Don't say it Sarah. You promised Lola you wouldnt tell anyone. Don't do it.

"Just curiousotiy. Anyways, I'm going out for a walk." I stood up and walked out of the house.

*********************

Luke's (POV)

After so many games I've lost, Lola is offically the champian.

"Ok you win the bet."

"Seriously? You are the worst when it comes to these games." She laughs at me. Her laugh is just the cutest thing ever.

"Just saying I was going easy on you."

"Yeah right. They even let you lean over the tables and you still missed. A little boy throw the ring 7 feet away and made it. You were 3 feet away and still missed the shot."

"Ok maybe I'm only good at playing guitar and singing." I laugh and she joins me.

"Let's go to the park." She blurts out. I check my phone. 10:34.

"At this time?" She shurgges her shoulders.

"Ok then lets go."

***********************

Once when we get to the park, It's half deserted. I mean we're in L.A so..

"So you come out to the park this late?"

"Yes." She looks around trying to find something. "Lets go sit down." She says. We walk over to an empty bench and sit.

"So your parents let you come out this late at night?" Shoot! Forgot about her mother.

"Crap, I'm sorry, I forgot about your mother." I apologize.

"Nah it's ok." I cover my face with my hands.

"I'm such an idiot." I say to myself, but was loud enough that she heard me.

"You're not an idiot." She says while taking my hands from my face and looks straight into my eyes.

"You're the most sweetest and thoughtful guy I've ever met. I think you can take me on that second date?"

"You really think so?" I ask in disbelief

"Yea, you've been nothing but generious to me. I'll let you help me with my stage fright only because I wouldnt mind going on tou-"

I interupt her by placing my lips on top of hers.

****************************

OMG School!!!! NO! Please comment and vote. 9 more days until I get to see Ed Sheeran!! YAY!

Edited, 1/15/15