Happy Birthday

Enjoy

************

Lola's (POV)

"Now that she's gone, go downstairs and clean up that mess."

"But I didn't do it" I protest.

"I don't fucking care! Your the bitch of this house! You do everything I say!" He yells, snatching me from the wrist, he tightens his grip walking downstairs and bringing me down with him. Anna stays where she was with an ugly evil smirk on her face. Once he loosens his grip and let's go, I drop my bag on the ground before feeling a sharp pain on my right cheek. He had slapped me but the pain stayed instead of instantly going away. I guess since I've spent a few days at Sarah's, the feeling of pain came back.

"Now clean this up before I get back from the store or else"

"Or else what?" I say without trusting my own voice but confidence in it.

"You'll see" He smirks before going back upstairs for Anna, then leaving out the door. I quickly run upstairs to my bedroom where I find Sarah laying on top of my bed, once she noticed my presence, she stood up.

"Did he try anything?"

"No. Not yet." I mumble the last part so she wouldn't hear me.

"Okay, but I heard yelling."

"He just wants me clean up after him. Apparently I'm the bitch of the house." I sadly grinned to myself. He's always called me the Bitch of the House, always treated me like if I'm actually a female dog. Without using my own voice with faith, I let him and everyone else treat me like one. I was too afraid.

"How big of a mess is it?"

"Just a few bottles. Thats it."

"Okay then lets go so we can start our sleep over." She says clapping her hands and walking out the door before stopping her.

"Wait. Your not going to help me clean it up."

"Uh, yes I am. Im your best friend Lola. I know he's not my father and I don't have to clean after him but I'm going to let you do all the cleaning. Now come on"

*************

The night went out smoothly, we cleaned up the mess downstairs before my father getting here. We were in luck because my father and Anna had passed out in the living room while watching TV. Sarah and I sneaked out to get take out and coming back into my room through my window. We stayed up watching movies and talking about the tour. She sang Happy Birthday to me silently because my father had woken up and we could hear his footsteps on the stairs. We talked and talked until our eyes gave out. I woke up to Sarah jumping up and down on my bed sining Happy Birthday again.

"Happy Birthday to the new young adult!" She said smiling, hoping of the bed and grabbing my bag. Noticing we both slept in the same clothes we were wearing yesterday. I smiled back at her before hoping out of bed myself. Putting on my shoes, I take a sticky note from my desk and writing,

Dear Asshole and Annawhore,

Today I'm officially 18 which means I can leave your asses and never come back. I don't know what happened to you dad. You were the sweetest man on this planet, you were afraid to even kill a bug until mom. What did I do to deserve this? You never went to my graduation. You never did anything but make my life a living hell. So today or two days ago, I packed my bags leaving nothing behind, not even anything that belonged to my mother. I'm finally free. In a few days, I'm going on tour with my boyfriend and his bandmates, hopefully I don't have to ever see you again but I know somewhere inside your lost because of what happened to mom. I don't hate you.

Sincerely,

Lola

*******************

"Dad we're back!" Sarah yells closing the door behind her. Mr. Brown walks out of his office with Neon in his hands and a duffel hanging over his shoulder.

"Hi girls." He smiles and we smile back. "I'm going to be gone for the next few days. So that means I wont be here for when you girls leave so I'm going to say bye." He hugs Sarah and whispering something in her ear before kissing the top of her head and letting go. He walks over to me and wraps his arms around me. Once when he lets go, he says

"Oh yeah and Happy Birthday Lola" He grins and I chuckle. Saying our last good byes, I take my bag upstairs to the same room I was perviously staying in. Sarah decided to order pizza and watch movies down stairs in the living room all day for my birthday since I told her I didn't want to do anything special. I still don't know if Luke was coming or he was just going to call me. Putting on some sweats and staying in my oversized Blink-182 sweater, I grab my phone, just in case Luke calls, and walked back downstairs where I find lazy Sarah also wearing sweats and an oversized Avenged Sevenfold shirt, lying across the the carpet with different movie DVDs scattered around. Going through almost every single one, we just decided to have two marathons of The Walking Dead and How I Met Your Mother. It was late now and we are almost finished watching season 4 of The Walking Dead when Luke calls and I quickly pick up.

"Luke?" I say eagerly standing up, walking out of the room and leaving Sarah alone.

"Hey babe" I hear him reply from the other end.

"Happy Birthday"

****************

This chapter is shorter then usual but I decided to have the weekends to be the days when I update since I wont be so busy with school and other things.

Comment and most importantly VOTE!

Love you all :)