Chapter 8

Victoria's POV

It was finally Wednesday and that meant that Victoria had a date with Sam tonight, and she was defiantly not looking forward to it because she wasn’t feeling too good and was having a long day. But she decided that she would suck it up because she didn’t want to hurt Sam’s feelings. Victoria was taking inventory in the back before her shift was over when she heard her name called in her ear piece she wore for work. When she got to the front there was a huge basket full of Victoria Secret smell goods and an eatable arrangement in the shape of flowers! She was incomplete shock and all the girls at work were jealous of this mysterious man, but they were so happy for her, they hadn’t seen a honest genuine smile on her face in months.

It was now 7:00pm and it was time for her to get off, she had a coworker help her take her gifts to her car and she rushed home to change. She text Sam as soon as she got in her drive way “Hey sorry I might be a few minutes late, I just got off work, I’m about to shower and change, sorry” she sent. When she got out of the shower, she checked her phone, she had a text from Sam, “it’s okay, this time I guess love, lol, see you when you arrive, I know you’ll look beautiful.” She rolled her eyes at the text, why was he saying love? That was just creepy. He was adorable, sweet, and smart, but she didn’t see him the way he saw her. She looked at Sam like more of a brother.

As she arrived to the restaurant she whispered to herself “it’s just a friendly date Vicki, be nice to him and make sure he knows this was only a friendly date” after repeating it to herself a few times she stepped out of her car wearing a white basic top, fire red blazer, form fitting tight ripped jeans, red statement heels, with gold accessories.

As she walked in and the waiter walked her over the booth Sam was in. As he looked up his mouth dropped. “I take it you like my outfit” Victoria said laughing, while sitting down but Sam said not a word, “SAMMMMMM” Victoria yelled and he finally snapped out of it “I’m sorry, what did you say Vicky?” Victoria laughed and ordered a sweet tea with no ice. Victoria and Sam ordered their food and talked about everything in the world. To her surprise, Victoria was having a pretty decent time. However when Sam walked her to her car, she nicely explained that she only saw him as a best friend and she didn’t want to complicate nor lose the friendship they had created, Sam agreed.

Sam’s POV

“Hey granny baby, how did the date go with Vicki? Should I order a wedding cake?” Sam smiled, his grandmother was all he had since his mother decided she loved the streets more than she love him and died last year from a drug overdose laying right next to her pimp. And she never did tell him who his father was, and he never asked his grandmother because he wanted to stay with her either way. All he knew about his father was that he sold drugs and he was the one that got his mother addicted to drugs while she was pregnant with Sam, it was a miracle he wasn’t born with any deformities. Abby, his mother, decided when he was just 4 days old that she couldn’t be bothered with a crying baby so she went over her mother’s and left him in the bathroom in the tub with no diapers, no nothing.

Sam’s grandmother came home from church and found him lying there crying. She was so upset with her daughter for choosing to be in the streets rather than get her life together and live home with her mother until she was able to get on her feet, but in the same breath she was extremely happy she did something smart for once in her life and left him in his grandmother’s care. “It was great nana but we decided to just be friends. Honestly, she decided. I care about her but I care too much to lose her. If we date and it doesn’t work then we’d lose the friendship we’ve created since last year nana, if we’re meant to be, it’ll happen, I just want for her to be happy, whether it’s with me or someone else” he said while looking out of the window. “I’m proud of you baby, all I want is somebody that won’t hurt my baby” his grandmother stated before drifting off to sleep. Sam kissed her forehead and, placed a blanket on her and whispered “me too nana, me too.”

 What do you think of Sam's mother?

Do you think Victoria shoud've given him a chance or not?

What are your thoughts on this chapter?