Chapter 20: SHOCKED

WINTER-

Winter stepped backwards. This ginormous...thing has animus powers! 

"Life continued." the hologram figure said emotionless.

"..."

"It's supposed to work! Okay, which one of you triggered my magic, you, you...fools!"

"..."

"Did someone put a silence spell or what! Talk!" Darkstalker roared.

"Eh, well you see it's pretty complicated and we're all you know shocked," Qibli mumbled embarrassed. Winter wasn't only shocked. He felt betrayed. Moon the love of his life lied to him! How could he trust her again?

"Are you shocked by my awesomeness, my greatness?" Darkstalker bellowed proudly.

"Hey, what's your name?" he asked pointing the rainwing with his tail.

"Kinkajou" Winter immediately noticed his friend's awkward answer. Her voice wasn't very steady like it normally is. Her tail was twitched with Turtle's. Her scales didn't show much. Winter knew Kinkajou sometimes practices to control her scales colours. She did progress since last time.

"Tell me more about this Queen Vigilance," Moon whispered loudly with a frown on her face. She has something in mind. 

More time Qibli and she spend time together more they resemble each other. Moon frowning when an idea comes up like Qibli. Qibli's shy smile like Moon's. It was at the same time creepy and relieving. Winter didn't know why.

"Well, Queen Vigilance is my mother, she's nightwing's queen." the giant replied nonchalantly. His voice woke Winter from his thoughts and sending more electric shocks down his spine. He was almost normal with that feeling it didn't really bother him.

"What, but Queen Glory is nightwing's queen, you rotten lying fruit," Kinkajou replied full of hostile in her voice. Winter didn't know much about her backstory, but he heard his friends say something about, being captured by nightwings and put under experiments. 

At least someone who understands how wretched nightwings may be.