Chapter 40: ENDINGS

-Qibli-

He woke up and Moon started yelling in his face about him almost dying. Then the Darkstalker started explaining about Starsign. That this was actually Chameleon and Whirlpool someone? Some cursed prince in the end. Qibli was still trying to figure out was had happened to him before Darkstalker started sparkling and dying? Was his story real? Was it the truth?

Everything before Moon yelling was a blur. He didn't know what had happened. When will he ever know? What? Did he want to know what he missed? How bad is it?

Qibli's belly burned and his heart itched with curiosity. 

Why was Moon holding on to his arm so tightly? What was she scared of? That I might vanish anytime? What happened? Is it something I did? Is it Winter? Is it Turtle? Is it Kinkajou? Why?

It kinda hurt, but Qibli didn't say anything, it'll maybe worry Moon.

Darkstalker disappeared in shimmer and never came back into existence for now?  What? Why, when a dragon completes his life he or she disappears? Or is it because in his previous life Darkstalker didn't complete what he was supposed to, so he got a new 'quest' and he can finally rest once he's fulfilled it? Or is it different for each dragon? What is happening? Why so much weirdness? 

"So what now?" Kinkajou asks. Apparently, she's the one who got out the shocked trance. 

"I don't know?" Turtle replied with a frown. Still shaking from the events.

"Maybe we should leave this place? Wait...are we in the Night Palace?" Kinkajou asks shocked looking out the window.  

Qibli managed to get up before Moon pushes him down on some cushions.

"No, stay down, you need to rest. You have a broken wing and a sprained ankle!" Moon orders. She cares a lot for me, Qibli thought happily with a smirk. 

"Okay, are you sure?" Qibli smiles sadly. He was touched by how Moon cared so much but sad that he won't be able to help.

"Yes, we'll just check around," Moon explained simply as they touched wingtips "Don't worry," she added smiling. Smiling her sweet, sincere, lovely smile.

Don't worry, one of the things Qibli probably couldn't promise. How could he not worry? Moon was asking him to promise to some impossible request. 

"You know I can't do that!" Qibli exclaimed, half a joke, jolting up as the pain of his wing stabbed him.

"Qibli!" Moon said with a smile. She chuckled softly and smiled wider. "You still know how to make me laugh with a broken wing," she stated kindly. "I just want you to know that it won't take long and I'll be back!" 

Qibli smiled sadly. Should he follow? Moon's gonna be so mad. Could he even fly? He thought, raising his wing. 

And just like that, he was left alone. I started wondering to himself.

Was Darkstalker telling the truth? Why would he? Is he really dead now? Or is it that his soul is at rest? So everyone had a goal in life and can't die without fulfilling it? Is it really or does it depend on each dragon? Or each dragon's beliefs? What? Really? What are my beliefs? What's my goal in living? What about this Starsign prince whatsoever? Was he really...fake? Um? If only he could have animus magic, he could heal himself and no one would get hurt again. No one he loves will get hurt. What would life be? Endless luck and fame? Life stiped of adventure and surprise? Is it really what it would have been? 

Qibli waited at the window sill. She sky was turning shades of orange as the sun, set slowly. Qibli watched while fidgeting with his claws. The sun was setting. Did looking around the kingdom take so long. They just needed to fly over and check to locate their position, come back and get out together. 

An awful thought crept from the back of his mind. Would his friends leave him here? Winter maybe? Moon? Would she? If she doesn't come back that'll mean she's in danger! What would he do? 

Just as he tried figuring ways to get his wing in flying shape, he spotted his friends flying towards him. He softly sighs to himself. What was he thinking? His friends? Betraying? No way. He smiled and shot a flame in the sky to warn his buddies. 

He watched as Moon's silhouette flew down to him. 

"Qibli, we are really in the night kingdom! Very close to Jade Mountain Academy! We can get to school! I'm sure Clay can help with that wing. It might take a while to walk there, but we'll manage." Moon exclaims flying softly into his arms.

"Eh? Walk? All the way to Jade Mountain? Sure! We'll manage!" he mutters. 

"Or we could fly and get a rescue team come and help you." Moon considered as Kinkajou and Turtle landed. Winter arrived much longer afterwards. His glare was as cold as his scales. He hasn't said much after everything. He seems colder than usual. Qibli wouldn't be surprised if Winter told him, his name was actually Freeze or Cold. 

"No, I'll walk, let's go," he mutters slowly, getting up and start walking to the stair exit. 

"You can start walking, I'll fly ahead and we could meet halfway," Winter proposed and flew off. 

"Wait! I can heal Qibli with Animus power!" Turtle called out grabbing Winter.

"Ahh, whatever," he replied landing and back into his cold state.

"I enchant this branch too..." Turtle starts.

"Wait! Use something more specific! Not a branch again! You'll lose it again!" Kinkajou yelled pushing his arm down. 

"Eh, okay. Yes of course!" Turtle answers trying to find some object.

"Hey, here," Qibli mumbles with a wink, "You can enchant it than I'll wear it, add some superpowers,"

 Turtles nod ignoring the joke and taking his earring.

"I enchant this earring to heal the wearer and not wear off the healing after taking this off. This will heal any injury without any pain." Turtle proceded to say as if reciting something before giving the earring back. 

"Um, thanks," Qibli smiles putting his earring back. It felt great. Like calming warmth was spreading through his body. His wing felt super powerful now. It felt great.

"Okay, let's get back," he grins spreading his wings to stretch. 

"Yeah, come on" Moon smiles brushing wings before jumping out from the window and flying away. Qibli quickly followed not looking back to check on his other friends.

He flew simply after Moon. It felt fabulous. Freedom felt fabulous! 

"Waahhhooo!!" he yelled out of nowhere stretching his wings at full length to enjoy the air.

"Why so happy?" Moon called flying back so their wings touched.

"You know I've never thought I missed you so much until that Starsign dude messed everyone up," Qibli laughed. 

"You saying you didn't miss me before?" Moon joked along.

"Oh, come on," he tackled the nightwing in the air. They fell with a smile. It wasn't really falling. It was like gliding...gliding through happiness and freedom.

"I love you," they said at the same time. Both smiled.

"You look like a goof,"

"There's the punch," Qibli smiled as they let go of each other and talked the whole way.