Chapter 13: Sting of the Scorpion

The other revenants fled, leaving Quan Chi at the mercy of Earthrealm. Once they returned, Ember removed herself far from Quan Chi, the urge to choke the life out of him growing stronger each second, and she was worried she wouldn't be able to stop herself.

As the soldiers cuffed Quan Chi's legs, Cage let out a snicker. "I'm guessing it's not your first time in cuffs. What's your safe word?" Kenshi chuckled at Quan Chi's disgusted grunt.

Meanwhile, Sonya was giving orders to the them. "You two stand guard. Prisoner transfer will be here in twenty."

Johnny rolled his eyes. "Oh, now she trusts me to babysit."

Sonya glared at him but said nothing. She put her communicator to her ear to get in contact with Cassie. "Cage, report."

"We haven't caught up to D'Vorah. We had her tracked to the Makeba Cliffs, but then her trail went cold."

Sonya cursed under her breath.

Behind some shipping containers, several ninjas in yellow and black garb began closing in.

The head of the ninjas watched his prey, searching for a specific shipping container. "On my command only. Wound. Do not kill." He quietly commanded as the nearby ninjas nodded in comprehension.

Sonya was too distracted discussing with her daughter about D'Vorah's whereabouts, much to the dismay of Johnny who knew his daughter was trying her best.

Kenshi, on the other hand, sensed a disturbance. "General. We have a visitor."

Both Cage and Blade turned to see the lead ninja approaching them. "You two are friends, right?" She asked Kenshi, "He tell you he was coming?" Kenshi shook his head.

The lead ninja bowed before Sonya. "General."

"Master Hasashi." She greeted, "I hadn't received word you were coming."

Hanzo Hasashi, no longer going by his dead codename, ignored the soldiers' guns idly in their hands. "I will have Quan Chi."

Sonya held her hands up. "We have things under control here. You can-"

"He must die." Hanzo demanded.

"Raiden needs him. Without Quan Chi we can't restore Liu Kang and the other revenants. You'd leave them trapped? Like you were?"

Unsurprisingly Hanzo remained indifferent. "Only Quan Chi concerns me." Without another word he moved to walk past her but Sonya stopped him.

Johnny, Kenshi, and the soldiers nearby prepared themselves for a fight.

"Don't do this, Hanzo. I'll put you down." Sonya warned.

"Then we are at an impasse."

None of the guards or other soldiers noticed the sneaky men trespassing through the bushes. Until it was too late.

At the sound of fighting, Ember removed herself from her tent and walked quickly to the source. She was surprised to see a large fight ensuing between the soldiers and ninjas.

Her eyes flickered to where Sonya, Johnny, and Kenshi were laying, defeated by a man in yellow and black ninja garb. She didn't recognize him but there was something familiar.

Then she noticed the man open the shipping container and drag Quan Chi out, ruthlessly.

"Scorpion, we can-" The sorcerer was cut off as the man back handed him.

"MY NAME IS HANZO HASASHI!!" The man roared.

Ember's mouth dropped, suddenly remembering him.

How could she have forgotten the man that murdered her eldest brother and had the audacity not to look her in the eye when he appeared before her to leave Bi-Han's remains.