The Killing Insults

The Killing Insults

Sticks and stones may break my bones but words can never hurt me...

Hi, my name is Macy Cole. I am a sixteen year old girl, who spends her time reading and listening to music. I love hanging out with my friends and I am a very loveable person.

That's because I have this ability. It occurs whenever I insult people, you know. My words don't cause mental pain, but physical pain. Weird, huh? But, believe it or not, it's true. My parents said that I have a gift from God and that I should embrace it. Hence, I have never insulted people, especially after The Incident.

You may think that I am the bullies' favorite target, but I'm not. When they bully me, I will try to put myself in their shoes and understand why they bully people in the first time. Because of that, I will talk to them and try to stop them from hurting other people. Thus, our school hasn't had a severe bullying incident, which I am glad. 

Anyway, I'm turning seventeen soon, yay! I'm having a party at my house and when the clock strikes midnight, we will all celebrate my birthday together. Every year, I've made the same birthday wish- for my sister to get better. Because of The Incident, she was paralysed from waist down. And it's all my fault.

*****

10 years ago

"Hey, Mag, give Mr Toodles back to me!" My sister, Magdalene, had taken my favourite teddy bear away.

Instead of giving Mr Toodles back, she stuck her tongue out at me and ran out of our room. I got out of my bed and chased after her.

"Give it back! Mom! Dad! Mag took Mr Toodles!" I shouted while running across the living room. Mom and Dad were sitting on the couch, watching TV. Magdalene ran behind the couch and I ran in front of the couch, blocking my parents' view. When she moved to her left, I moved to my right. And when she moved to her right, I moved to my left.

My parents were laughing at the both of us. Dad said,"Mag, give Mace her Mr whatever back."

I gaped in shock. "Dad, it's Mr Toodles!"

Dad chuckled, "Alright, sweetie. Now, Mag give Mace her Mr Toodles back."

Mace hugged Mr Toodles tightly and said, "No! I want Mr Toodles too! It's not fair that she has a teddy and I don't."

I frowned. "What? It's not fair to take mine either. Ask Dad to buy you a teddy."

"No, I want this teddy. It's special!" Mag insisted.

"But Mr Toodles is mine!" I argued.

"No, I want it!"

Driven by anger, I ran towards Mag and tried to snatch Mr Toodles away from her.

But she won't let go.

"LET GO, MAG!"

"NEVER!"

Hence, we were each pulling one of Mr Toodles' arms. It's like we were playing Tug of War.

Just then, I heard a sound.

Rippp!

Mr Toodles tore in half. His stuffing was all on the floor. I looked at it in horror. My teddy!

My parents rushed towards us as we started crying. I shouted at Mag, "UGH! YOU'RE SO EVIL, HOW COULD YOU KILL MY TEDDY? YOU'RE STUPID, DUMB AND THE WORST SISTER EVER. I HATE YOU!"

Mag stopped crying. Instead, she cringed in pain. Shocked, I ran to her and held her hand.

"Mag! MAG! Are you alright? I'm sorry that I called you dumb, stupid and all the words that I shouted at you!"