The Clock

The Clock

It goes tick tock, tick tock but then it stops.

12 p.m.

The moonlight shines into the dark atmosphere of the woods. Felix is running for his dear life, looking back at his chaser. He's holding a knife, its blade reflecting the moonlight into Felix's eyes. His eyes are full with fear as he runs with bated breath, which he is running low on. He can't do this anymore. He is tired of running. He gives up. He stops dead in his tracks just as his chaser places a cold hand on his shoulder. Felix's leg turns jelly as he turns around, slowly.

Felix prepares for the worst. He bites his dry lips and closes his eyes. "Just do it, now."

He can feel the hand on his shoulder tighten. Before he can take another breath, the knife pentrates deeply into his stomach. Pain explodes in him as he lets out a scream. His hands move to his stomach, where he feels some thick, gooey, liquid flowing out. The strong metallic smell already told him what it is.

Blood.

Felix cringes, his eyebrows furrow. However, he does not expect the next move. He feels the knife is removed from him. It is worse then getting stabbed as he screams again. With no strength left, his legs give way and he kneels on the ground. Just as he is opening his eyes, he feels a cold sensation at his neck. He freezes.

Finally, his chaser speaks. "You killed me." And that is the last thing Felix remembers as his head falls to the ground with a loud thud.

*****

Felix wakes up, gasping for air. He cannot sit up as he does not have the strength to. He looks at the clock on the wall.

12.10 p.m.

He groaned. His head hurts. Hell, his head has been hurting every single day! He looks around him and he stares at the machines he has around him. Just because he is in the ICU, with countless tubes sticking into him. It is neccessary as he is lying on his death bed.

*****

12.30 p.m.

He has been lying in his bed for 20 minutes. He has woken up, but why aren't there nurses in here to check on him? He thought.

Out of the blue, a little blond girl came into his room. She has a beautiful braid, tied with a blue ribbon. Her eyes are bright blue, as while as her dress. Except for her shoes, which are red. Bloody red.

He raised his eyebrow.

Who allowed her in here? I don't even know her, so why is she in my room?

The girl is smiling at Felix. Her bright smile reminds her of his own 5-year-old daughter. Felix feels a wave of sadness coming over him. He knows that he is leaving soon, but he doesn't want her daughter to be fatherless. He hates  to leave them but I guess the heaven is collecting him early.

He smiled back at the girl.

"What are you doing here,  little girl?" He asked, with a breathless voice.

The girl becomes gloomy in an instant. "I don't know. I don't know." She started to cry, with tears streaming down her cheeks.

Felix's heart softens. "Don't cry, little girl. I'm sure someone will find you and pick you up, okay?"

She looks up at him, her eyes are puffy but she stops crying. Suddenly, Felix feels a little bit chilly, he pulls the blanket closer to him.

The little girl bursts into laughter. She laughs so hard that she has to clutch her stomach. Felix feels a bit creeped out. "Uhm, are you okay?"