The Mute

The Mute

Dear Diary,

I'm mad today. People are making me crazy. Especially my "girlfriend", Lauren. She's annoying me every single freaking day. Can't she stop? Dr Marie said that I should try to be normal and live a normal life. But, I can't change myself. I am not normal nor will I ever be normal. I knew that ever since I'm five. When I was five, I already knew human anatomy, thanks to my dad. He had taught me everything there was in human anatomy. Being a fast learner, I've decided to study more and I aspired to be a medical scientist, which is what I am now. For the past 10 years, I've been creating something special for the humanity. It will blow your mind...

Just you wait.

Cheers,

Danny

*****

Dear Diary,

I've forgot to mention in my last entry. I have a secret, just like everyone else. A secret that only my psychiatrist knows.

I'm a killer.

You may think that I'm like Dexter Morgan but you are wrong. I don't kill people because they're murderers. I kill simply because a) Killing satisfies me. b) I hate humans. I am a human myself, duh. I just hate how idiotic people are. They care about their families, boyfriends or girlfriends and money. But, for what? We are all going to die in the end so it doesn't matter whether your family is alive or dead. Plus, I'm sure you can't bring money with you when you die. It's irritating how humans don't think this way. I don't understand how their minds work. However, I do my best to blend in with the society. I got a house with a basement to kill my victims. And, I am a legit scientist at some research center. Such a boring life, I know. But, I'm 35 now. I'm getting old and there isn't much stuff I can do at this age.

Anyway, I had started killing at the age of seven. I found a knife in the kitchen and I had an idea. You see, at that time, I owned a pet dog, Fluffy. He was barking at the birds in our backyard and it was getting irritating. I hate noises. Absolutely hated them. I grabbed the knife and walked to the back yard. Stealthily, I tiptoed to the dog.

One...

Two...

Three...

I plunged the knife into his stomach. Blood started flowing heavily as he collapsed to the ground. I took out the knife and watched the blood dripped to the ground.

I was satisfied. I was enjoying killing my own dog. I felt amazing. I just loved how blood flows from his stomach and how fast a being could die.

Alas, I was caught by my dad. I could remember his exact words.

"Son, I'm proud of you and I know you are going to be like me someday. I haven't tell you the truth but the reason I'm teaching you human anatomy is for you to kill. And, yes, I'm a serial killer. Shhh

... You can't tell anyone, okay. It's our little secret. Pinky promise?"

I promised him. Even though he was caught in the end and was sentenced to death. He was my master and I admired him. I watched him kill many victims before and I had picked up new skills from him. However, he was getting old and had some mistakes in his killings and he died when I was 18.

I missed him dearly. I'm thankful for all the skills he had given me for that 11 years.

Yours,

Danny

*****

Dear Diary,

Lauren came over to my place today. She said that she was breaking up with me. Apparently, I did not care about her as much as she did. It's true. I didn't. She told me to move on and find a person that will bear with me and she left. I was the one who can't stand her. Her incessant rant about her horrible life was driving me crazy. This woman gotta learn how to stop yapping. Which is why, diary, she's gonna be my next victim. Ah, it's time to satisfy my urge to kill. Diary, it's not easy finding a victim because I can't go around my town killing all of the people. I must lay low and look out for the cops. Plus, I don't have many friends to kill, simply because they were already killed my yours truly and I am anti-social. Lauren was Dr Marie's friend and I'm lucky that she was in love with me. She loves mysterious guys from what I've heard from her. We dated for about a month and I tried to be as normal as possible but it obviously didn't work. Well, it's her last day on Earth and I will visit her tomorrow night.