Chapter 7

Aaliyah

"Hold on, I'm just trying to process this. You and Michael are playing some game that whoever gets the other person to catch feelings or sleep with them, wins the bet and has to admit to the entire town at the summer fair that you love someone who doesn't love you back and just pretended to love you?"

As crazy as all that shit sound and also as scary as it may sound as well.

"Yes, that's right." I say confidently and watch Bianca's mouth completely drop. I try to ignore the fact that I've obviously made the biggest mistake of the year, but I instead just run a hand through my hair and smiled.

"So, you and Devante are back together?" I asked, changing the subject to her and by the blush that stains her cheek. I can tell that something interesting happened over the couple of days we last talked. Her eyes widen, her breathing speeds up and overall, it looks like she's about to blow up from embarrassment.

"Bianca... what happened?" I asked slowly and she hugs the worm like pillow, which is from Devante. Her eyes drop down to her lap and she lets out a small sigh.

"Well, you know after you cussed me out in the car when I dropped you off?" She asked and I nod instantly.

"I really let what you said to me sink in, so I picked up my ass and sucked in my pride, and I called him over so we could talk. I mean, really talk. Not just where he'll talk and I'll listen with an attitude, but where I actually respond back to him. I actually listened to what he was saying this time and took into consideration that he may be serious now-"

"He is." I say, cutting her off.

Although I don't know why.

Things are getting weird, I can't believe I just defended Devante. Bianca looks up at me from her lap and blushed. "I know. He told me and when I told him I believed him and would give us a try again, but only once more. Things after that got relaxing and it felt like just for a second, we picked back up exactly where things between us had left off on a good note. And then-"

"You two fucked." I finished flawlessly, knowing my best friend like the back of my hand. When she looks about ready to explode, I know that I hit dead on and then she starts to babble helplessly.

"I-It's not like I'm not already pregnant, and it wasn't fucking! It was slow and sensual love making, and I cried so bad because I missed it! Damn, Liyah! Long story short, we made up. I have you to thank for it. Getting into my big ass head and getting me to let him in. Thank you, Liyah!" She squeals and throws her arms around my neck. I quickly wrap mine around hers and laugh.

"I'm sorry you're a bitch sometimes, Bianca. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings, just giving you a lot of tough love." I whispered.

Bianca giggled. "I know. You got through, and I'm only a bitch cause I learn from the best." She smirks at me while leaning back.

Oh she has jokes.

"Who, Devante?" I smirked back. Her face turns into a scowl and we both end up falling out in laughter. After we calm down, she wipes a tear underneath her eye from happiness.

"Oh god Aaliyah, remember when you walked in on us having sex!?" She laughs again, reminiscing about the good times and I just throw myself back onto her bed and cover up my face with my hands.

Do I remember?

God, I used to live off that moment. I actually regretted it because it made me fantasize about Devante. Guys exactly like Devante and Michael.