Chaper 8

Aaliyah

It's been a couple of days of hard ass times in school and finally I walk out on a Friday to see none other than Devante, but this time for a change, he's with Michael. I think ever since our freaky showdown in his car, he's been avoiding me immensely. I don't understand it though, he should be use to activity like that from girls.

Right? Cause I know I wasn't surprised he acted that way. I had figured it was the way he'd always act with girls when he'd go missing for a couple of days. And maybe that's what his recent few days disappearance was.

Him trying to cleanse any aching thoughts of wants of me.

I smirk, but then blink rapidly and shift my books to one arm. Bianca is wrapped inside Devante's embrace while jealous girls on the sideline who are acting bitchy, glare at her and she just stares at me with wide eyes. Devante is smirking as if he already knows how it's going to go down if I say yes to the question. So I just smiled up at Michael, hiding my shock.

"Of course I'll go out with you tonight."

"Liyah!" Bianca shrieks, but gets her mouth covered by Devante.

"No baby, Aaliyah is a big girl, a very big girl." He winks at me and I roll my eyes then watch Bianca peel his hands off of her mouth.

"I know! Just... if any of you lose, just please wear protection."

Devante leans forward and looks at her with his brows scrunched up, but she gives me a deadpan look. "I'm serious."

"Hey, it's not going to be as bad as you're thinking, I promise." He murmurs then Devante and Bianca float off in their own world as she's freaking over having the baby, but he just strokes her hair and grinning his million dollar grin at her. Hell, even watching him reassure her is making me feel better, and I'm not even pregnant with his baby.

"So Aaliyah, you should be ready by six." Michael's voice tears me out of the Bianca and Devante moment and I snap my head up to see him smiling, well smirking.

"Yeah.." I breathe out and he nods, then turns around without another word. I let out a deep breath, but stop dead in my tracks as another tall guy is coming towards us. When I realize who it is, I rolled my eyes, instantly walking away.

"Aaliyah, wait!" Xavier shouts a little too loud, and I whirl around, watching as he jogs up to me. I'm annoyed by the fact that he actually look really good right now.

Ugh, I hate myself right now.

He stops jogging once he realizes I'm actually waiting for him, then he smiled. "Hey babygirl, how are you?" He breathes out and I flinch from his words.

"Please stop calling me that." I grumble, but I only cause him to smile gently. He raked his eyes up and down my body.

"Sorry... I didn't realize you still hated me. I don't think you ever understood how sorry I was." He says sincerely.

"Xavier." I scoffed. "You were only sorry after you emptied out your damn ball sacks into Giselle, then you ended up moving away like a little bitch. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to get home and get ready for my date-"

"Date?" He asked, in confusion. I nod and go to speak, but a hand wraps around my waist and a warm body presses up against me.

"Yeah, date. Me and Aaliyah have been seeing each other for quite some time now." Michael leans down and pressed a kiss to my ear.

What the fuck? Seeing each other?

I nearly crack my neck, snapping it up to look at him, but he's too busy having a stare down with Xavier to notice me looking at him like he's crazy. I finally decide to spare a good fight.