Chapter 14

Aaliyah

I let myself get weak with Michael and I feel guilty and vulnerable for it, but I also feel like he's learning to be compassionate.

See, Latoya was wrong and I was right.

I'm not trying to humiliate him entirely, I also want him to gain better qualities in himself from this experience.

I pull away from the kiss I just worked onto him and feel super embarrassed that I just did that and I watch Michael open his eyes and blink at me in confusion.

"My bad." I whispered and he smiled softly.

"It's okay. Anything to make you feel better. You ready to go? I know you probably don't want to go back to my apartment, but I can take you home or to your brother's house." He offers and I nod.

"My brother's place is fine. Thank you." I reply and he stands up, then grabs my hands and helps me up.

"Actually no, can you take me to Bianca's house? I haven't seen or spoken to her in a while, thanks to Devante hogging her up." I say and he chuckles.

"Yeah, sure." He leads us back the way we came on the path and I smiled as our hands are still tightly locked together.

All the while, what he just told is invading my mind. I can't believe his dad is next to fucking insane. I also can't believe that he's gonna put himself in danger by staying with them, basically waiting for his dad to come back and try to hurt them all. I unfortunately get this gut wrenching feeling of thinking of someone hurting them, Michael more specifically, but he said his dad's been out for a few months now. So he's not worried he'll try something.

But unfortunately, I'm worried....

                                           ~•~

"Liyah, I don't like the look in your eyes..." Bianca trails off and I stand by her bed with my arms crossed.

"What look?" I mumbled and she frowns, then looks around the room with an attitude.

"The look that looks like you're vulnerable! I don't fucking know, or maybe even in love!" She hissed but I shake my head while trying not to go overboard on the laughing.

"Bianca boo, stop. I'm not falling in love with Michael." I reassure her, but she sits up on her bed and raised her eyebrows.

"But you're catching feelings. I can see it in your fucking eyes, Liyah. You haven't had that sparkle in them since you were with Xavier." She scowls at me and I shrug.

"So what if I do? Look, we've been talking and connecting the past few days and I- I'm trying to understand him, but also I'm trying to teach him that it's okay to feel something for someone. I think he might be getting it. I also met his sisters." I blurt out and watch Bianca choke on air.

"WHAT!? He has sisters? And you've met them? Lord have mercy." She whispers the last part and I frown.

"Well, he was kind of forced into it. I was over at his place and theI showed up and-"

"YOU WERE AT HIS APARTMENT!? Aaliyah!" She whined, but I hold up a hand.

"Nah, let me finish. You would know if you weren't stuck in your little bubble with Devante." I accuse and she blushed, then stays quiet.

"So, I was over there because we were getting to know each other and then they popped up. It's three of them, and the one that's named Latoya she hates my ass." I say embarrassingly and Bianca makes a face.

"That's weird..."

"Mmhm. They know we're not really together though, but I think Rebbie and Janet wish we were. I don't know anymore, but me and Michael decided to go out to dinner tonight. I think I'm winning so far. He offered." I smiled widely and she grimaced.