Chapter 22

-Still With Tom-

Thomas jumped at the mention of his name and he looks up to see Tord looking down at him.

"Hey?"

Tord sighs and bends down and looks at the book. He frowns not being able to read what it said on the pages.

"Why are you reading through these books? They're all things that you know happened."

"This is about the Cold War Lawson. Turns out that you are actually only the second leader of this godforbidden army.

Did you know that?"

"How was I supposed to? My grandfather kept some secrets to himself that he didn't try to even bother hinting it to me."

Tom glares at him and raises an eyebrow.

"Well it turns out that he may have learned Greek and had a publisher write it in Greek. He's smarter than you from what I see."

Tord frowns and sort of widens his eyes.

"Why would you think so?"

"He left it in Greek and not Norwegian. This book was meant to be read by me not you."

. . .

"And don't even think to take this book and translate it. I am taking it with me."

"What do you mean take it? Where the hell do you think you're going?"

Tom shuts the book and picks himself up. He looks at the piles of books and looks for another Greek title.

"I am going back home. I can't have my baby brother worry about me any longer. Also, I skipped like 3 days of work at the bar for fuck sake.

Can't get fired."

"Aren't you rich? You don't even need a job."

Tom grabs a book filled with Greek inside and kept searching even more.

"I may be rich now Lawson but I am a money waster. There is also bills and such. People don't have money forever you know."

Tord grabbed Tom by his right arm but got slapped away instead. Tom continued sorting through the books when he was officially finished.

He tossed 4 books in Greek, 3 in French, and 1 in Italian onto the bed.

He had scratched the idea of staying at the base anymore. It was going to make him feel at home and that wasn't something he would want.

He couldn't get attached to Tord or the Red Base. He was already feeling his love growing for the male and he knew there was going to be consequences.

"Tom you can't go back. I want you here. I need you here."

He slightly froze but continued to look for the keys belonging to his mothers bike.

"Why do you need me here? For war? For making me another brainless soldier here to fight for a cause that noone knows except you?

Do you have any idea how stupid that sounds Tord Lawson?"

"W-what? W-war? No! I don't need you for war Thomas! I need you here because I love you!"

"What good is love for? We wouldn't work either way."

Tord was shocked and frightened. He wanted a chance with Thomas and try to at least be with him for a small while but it seems like the Egyptian doesn't bother with the idea.

"Thomas please give us a chance. I love you so much that I can't express it in words. Please just give me a shot."

"...I'm sorry. I can't do that. I can't simply replace Tori like that."