Chapter 9

I woke up to my phone blaring my dads ringtone. I rolled my eyes and groaned as I got out of bed. I felt my legs and other places ache as I swung my legs out of bed.

I shuffled around trying to find the danm thing. I tripped over a pair of shoes and fell.

" Son of a bitch, really  ugh!" I mumble to myself.

The ringing stopped then almost immediately it started to ring again. I grumbled some more and kept searching.

" Where the hell are you, you stupid little shit?" I huff.

I hear Jesse rustle around in bed and groan.

" Damn." I hear is raspy voice behind me.

I turn around and see him staring intensely at me. I smile at him and look around for the stupid phone. I glance back and see him lick his lips.

I look down at myself and realize I'm completely naked. I bend down and pick up one of Jesse's shirts and pull it on over my head.

" Perv!" I point a finger at him and laugh. He throws up his hands in surrender.

" Not my fault your so beautiful. " He grins.

He flips back to he covers and I turn away so he can have some privacy.My phone starts ringing again and I huff.

" God!! Where is it?!" I groan.

I pick up my dress and there it is. I look at Jesse and put my finger to my lips signaling for him be be quiet.

" Hello?"

" Dammit River Where the hell are you and how come you have been avoiding my calls?" His voice booms. I have to take the phone away from my ear before her bursts my eardrum.

" I'm safe." I simply say.

" Get your ass home now!!"

I take a huge breath.

" No."

The line went silent for a minute.

" What the hell did you just say?!?"

" Look, I'm safe and honestly I don't understand why you care, all you worry about is money and that bitch of yours."

" Don't you ever call her that! Get your ass home now!!" He boomed.

" No, I'm 17 in the state of Texas I am legally able to leave. So I'm not going to be there for a while, so why don't you just go back to work and leave, you never even care for me anyway."

" How can you say that, of coarse I care about you!" He practically screams.

" Really?!? You basically gave me up!! You made my mom pick between me or that house !! I'm not even sure if I want to call you dad anymore." I shot back.

" That's it!! I'm canceling that card and your phone. "

" Go ahead, I don't need them, and its your loss anyway, how are you supposed to reach me when I don't have a phone?"

He grumbles something's I can't understand.

" Look, I gotta go." I hung up before he could say anything, then turned off my phone.

I turn and see Hesse sitting on the bed with only jeans on. His face looks sad yet angry at the same time.

" I'm sorry I ruined your sheets." I say shyly, mostly trying to avoid what me and my dad just said to each other.

He looks at me confused then flips back the covers. Red stained his white sheets. I kook away embarrassed.

" Nah, its alright I wanted some new ones anyway, I was thinking spiderman. "