Chapter 16

I as well filed a formal complaint against Mr. Barcelon, as advised by my lawyers. Once we confronted him in court, where he claimed Mama had done him wrong. "Do people follow me around wherever I go?" I encouraged myself to be smarter and wiser, and have sensed his immediate loss of memory of what we had shared in the past. "It will not be a serious offense to mistake me for your child. Nobody but you insisted on it; besides, I never approached you for advice while I was with you, or a favor for all my concerns; I would have given you a lot more if you hadn't manipulated my business. Especially for your gain."

I could see the shame on his face, especially because he knew I had already learned that he was in charge of overseeing the selling of my shop. As a result of this, I created a better solution, yet he continued trying to make his desires be fulfilled. But it seems that the odds were on our side when Tita Chelsea tried to appease my mother.

In the end, both sides reached an agreement to stop their argument while not entirely forgiving one another but instead choosing to put the past behind them, but even more so everything they have done in the past. I later managed to sell the shop to a different buyer; it became the cause of a dreadful nightmare that haunted our lives, and here we are again, a year later, back in Wales.

Shortly following what happened in the Philippines, I gained confidence in my decision to act for everybody's welfare, as I was reckless when I was the one exerting their best interests. I've noticed a sudden emotional instability in my life, and I'm still here searching for a lost thing that may not be seen. But I can only think about one person while pondering all of this: moreover, even if I don't look for her. Her whereabouts have always been known to me.

I wish I could tell Olivia how much I absolutely love her, but before I left, I didn't even tell her about it. There may be no guarantee she loves me, too— considering her feelings for Nikko. However, everyone who has an understanding of my plight tried to help me, and I went right back in the direction I had taken to see her and be honest about how I felt. She might say "yes" just in case.

My siblings and I, now with our mother, returned to the Philippines discreetly, to set things straight, and to help me in my relationship with Olivia. I'm glad we're now traveling with Mama, alongside Trev this time.

I gently caressed my mother's hand, as I can see that she's been having trouble being calm again.We made a promise to each other that we would be at each other's side, that I would always be present, that and she'll never leave. But for the time being, I wanted her approval, now than to play the role I am supposed to play, being myself. Although the sun hadn't set when we came back, I hastily picked Olivia up from her job, carrying her favorite flower,wers, and even prepared a special dinner treat for a date. "Hi, Liv? Shall we have dinner?"

After giving her the flower kissing herkiss on the cheek. I unlocked my car's door and took Olivia to our most romantic place to date, as I found out recently. Nevertheless, I'm hoping that this arrangement will give my deepest adoration the chance to strengthen our relationship together. Past events are not important at this time; it has to do with what's inside of me and what I've been keeping hidden for quita a while. I was going to tell her, but I couldn't find the right moment.

I have a hard time confessing but I did it anyway: "Olivia Sandoval, you arebest friendiend, but I love you beyond the relationship we've built." I didn't feel much wind till after that, and finally, I said it. But even so, it seems that she is absorbed in what she just heard, that she hesitated for a little while before expressing her thoughts.

Sometimes, I can tell by the way she carries herself,  and whatever her response to my question; it goes overlooked. And that being said, since I was raised in a less crowded household, I've been capaofe at sensing body movements, and quite concerned that she might simply be hesitant to speak up; I'm not going to assume either; not wanting her to feel horrible or believe that I'm pressuring her, especially because maybe she honestly can't let go of Nikko. But more than that, she is the one. She is the woman I am certain I can spend my entire life with.

It took her a while to respond. I thought maybe she just needs a little knock on the forehead to wake up her stupefied soul, but no matter how easy it is to annoy hit wasit's just as difficult to tame someone like Olivia. I don't know if she'll hurt me by saying "no" or if I'll just hurt her because she was forced to say "yes." There is just a single word I had to wait for. But to my surprise, she then retorted, "Mike, I also love you! — You have my love and appreciation—I honestly refused to tell you ; and because I'm the woman here, so why would I tell you first?"

I felt embarrassed about thattgat she'd waited for me to tell her about whafeltfeel, instead I was preoccupied by things. "And you know, you're just incredibly slow as I imagined a man to be —I quit fussing over Nikko, because after you left without saying goodbye to me, I had you in mind; that you are consistently there for me. So who wouldn't fall for you if you always have me captured, isn't that right?—I love you too, you crazy!"

Olivia made me feel like the luckiest guy ever. My life eventually became brighter when she became my girlfriend. She was a gamble and a chance that I was willing to take and win. And I was right about her. She is the one.

I don't know, but now I was once again filled with the satisfaction that accompanied the thrill of my entire life. I was incredibly delighted to introduce Olivia to Mama, and even though they had met before, I should be able to formally introduce her again to my mother as my girlfriend. As the lover of the heart and the luck that came into my life. We caught up with grandma cooking some dinner while Trev and Eli looked like they were expecting their questions for my guest. "Liv, this is Trev, my brother—he's that the one I'm talking about; Mr. Sentimental? The musician, the one and the only artist in this house." I didn't forget to compliment Trev in front of my guest, knowing that, he didn't want to bring himself up too much because he wasn't showing off, but since I'm his big brother, who else would lift my brother? Even if it sometimes turns into a prank.

We were having dinner, so of course, the questions—curiosity about who Olivia is specifically—did come up, as did what I loved about her. Mama is quite knowledgeable of my personal choice with women who had their clothing almost fully vulnerable, but that has long since passed. I mean, not only do times change, but also people. "Is my son dating you, Olivia? Because ever since I got home, all he's talked about is your name." she exclaimed.

"How's his relationship with you, darling? You can tell me anything." Asking my girlfriend such questions was definitely a bad idea, and there would be more taunting, I had to stop it before it even got underway.