11

"Maria, you do not need to come into work today! For God's sake, you fainted!" Alexander explained to me, very energetically and emotionally expressing himself.

No, he wasn't yelling. He was a very composed man who didn't lose cool. 

He seemed to care so much about me, his eyes were for once full of emotions, just like his voice. Ah, I wanted to go up to him and hug him and tell him I'm okay, I have him with me.

'You know what, I am his wife, and if I want to hug my husband that's exactly what I would do.'

So I walked up to him and gently wrapped my arms around him, and lay my head on his chest. I stood there for a moment while shocked Alexander stood... shocked. He then very carefully placed his arms around my small body and pressed himself closer. He rested his head on mine and slowly swayed. 

"I'm okay, Alexander," I mumbled into his shirt.

With a sigh, he let me go. "Alright, you can come. But be careful."

I nodded and hurried to get ready.

I pulled on a pale pink sleeveless blouse, and a pleaded pale blue skirt with large faded out pink flowers pained on it. I grabbed beige colored sandal heels and a matching purse. After applying some makeup, I quickly left my room and hurried to Alexander, who was patiently waiting for me.

When we got to the office, I received my usual compliment from Laureli and proceeded to my office, but was stopped when Amy called me over

"You've got a letter, Mrs. Vasilievna."

I nodded. "Thank you, Amy."

I reached my office and took a seat. I looked at the letter, trying to make it disappear with my stare. But something was wrong, and it just wouldn't disappear.

'I could open it and read it. Who knows, it probably isn't bad. But if you do open it and don't do what it says, you'll be regretting it forever. However, if you don't open it, then you'll never know what it is that they want you to do this time. You'll be clear.'

'Good logic, Maria. Can't argue with that, except for the fact that the threatener might not know that you didn't read the letter.'

'Yes, but he has been watching your every move, I mean, he's probably got someone watching you right now. He would know if you didn't read it.'

'That's also a very valid point. But who knows what he might do if he learns that you never read it. There's a reason we call him a threatener- he'll threaten somebody and this time it might even be Alexander.'

'Hmm... you make a good point. We'll have to think.'

I nodded my head in conclusion, and settled down to work, placing the letter away from my view. 

A few hours in, I couldn't hold my curiosity in any longer and opened the letter. It didn't seem like any bombs went off, so I was safe. I proceeded to read the letter.