14

I woke up with someone's breath on my neck. Now, I was not used to waking up like this so I immediately fully woke up and sprang up.

I looked around the room. This was definitely not my room. No, this was my living room. And I had been sleeping on the couches. I rubbed my eyes and zoomed in to the human that was sleeping on the couch with me.

It was just Alexander.

Wait a second... Alexander? He never slept on the couch! Except for when he was sick that one time. And he would never sleep on the couch with me!

I frowned. Well, we had gotten in from the airport at a very late, or should I say a very early hour, and we were both exhausted. I guess we didn't have the strength to walk up the stairs to our rooms. Alexander's luggage was still at the door and he still had his suit on. 

I looked down at my outfit. I still had my sleeveless white dress on, and my shoes were thrown off at the door. Hmm, I guess this wasn't too strange after all.

I quickly hurried upstairs. I assumed that we would still be going to work, and I didn't want to be the reason we were late. 

However, before I could begin to take care of myself, I heard a knock at the door.

"Come in."

Alexander walked in. "We will not be going to work today. We have been invited to a very important event and we must attend. It's a very important event and larger, too. Much bigger than the ones we've been to the past days. A few actors and celebrities have been invited, as well as the world's top multi-billionaires. Dress formally but please..." he trailed off and looked at me with a little grin, "don't dress like a suggestive and improper woman."

I smiled back. "Of course."

"Great! We're leaving in an hour, we have to stop by at work for a few moments."

"Okay."

He left and I began to get ready. 

I found a short, but quite modest red dress. It was all one color uniform material dress. I thought that would be decent. I clasped some ruby and diamond earrings and put on a few gold bracelets. I decided that if this was a very wealthy party that I should wear very glamorous shoes. A pair of gold studded platform heels seemed to be just the thing. 

I took a pair of red sunglasses and a red purse with a golden chain

I took a pair of red sunglasses and a red purse with a golden chain. Then I patiently waited for the door for Alexander. It gave me some time to think.

I should have already told him about the baby. It's been about a week since I found out, and I desperately wanted to tell him. 

There was never a perfect moment, except for when we took our walk along the beach. But it was such a perfect moment I didn't want to ruin it. I had no idea how he would react or how I could even begin to tell him.

I don't know if there would ever be a perfect moment. I should just do it as soon as possible.

It turns out, soon as possible wasn't exactly easy to do. During our entire car ride, I kept opening my mouth to say it, but I didn't. Stupid, scaredy-cat me.